The Walking Dead Season 5 - DON'T KISS HER, CARL! COOTIES!

Bob

Re: The Walking Dead Season 5 - Mmmm Bobbque!

I feel dead after watching this show. I keep watching in hopes that something will happen and it never does. Insanity!

Well that's what happens when a show starts to become popular. Season 1 only had like 6 episodes and we're all packed with a lot of content.

Season 2 was okay.

After that, it all went downhill from there because they kept trying to stretch the story as much as they can.

This is true for most shows anyway.

MorganEA

With a sequel there are always those parts that are used to build up the story, I'm hoping this season gets better.

Season 5 definitely started out great, but only because they used like all of season 4 to build up to it.

That being said...

I shall post this. And we shall laugh. And not consider it offensive because really, lighten up everyone. It's a joke. :p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 26

Betty

Staff member

Yeah, I didn't like that episode with Tyreese dying. They drug it out so long that I was wishing he would hurry up and die and didn't feel any sadness when he finally did.

MorganEA

Really! I liked that episode it kind of gave them a chance to use some different film techniques.

I enjoyed it too, it was a very powerful episode, that showed Tyrese trying to fight for his life, and when he saw all the other people there, saying that it was "okay" that he no longer had to fight it, he knew that he should just die and stop resisting.

It helps to watch the Talking Dead, right after, because you get to "decompress" all that has happened in the episode (or lack of)... Plus, Chris Hardwick, the host of Talking Dead, is easy on the eyes. Nerd crush! LOL!!

Bob

Re: The Walking Dead Season 5 - THEY ATE DOGS OMG!!

I dont understand why they chopped off his arm? All they had to do was keep him alive, instead they chop off his arm and let him bleed out.

Bob

I hope everyone that reads this is current on the episodes lol

MorganEA

Vicmacki said:
I dont understand why they chopped off his arm? All they had to do was keep him alive, instead they chop off his arm and let him bleed out.
Because the virus takes over and makes you really sick when you get bit and in theory if you chop off the limb then you stop the spread and can be saved like Hershel and his leg.

MorganEA

Was it season one where one of the group got bit and they showed him getting really sick and eventually he asked to be left behind because he was "turning". Before they found the CDC I think.

They chopped off Hershel's leg when he was bit and that prevented the disease from spreading. That's why they chopped off Tyrese's arm with the same theory.

What *i* don't understand, is if everyone is already infected with the virus, why did the cannibals from terminus care if they were eating "tainted" human meat (Bob)? It's not like it won't prevent them from turning? Or maybe eating tainted meat would risk them from getting sick and thus, cause them to die?

We learned in season 1, when they reached the CDC, that everyone that is alive, already has the virus, and they would eventually turn into a walker once they died. That's why when humans are killed, they are made sure that their brains are not intact so that that don't turn into walkers.

Bob

Yup, it's just one of the many continuity errors with this show. Cutting off his arm is meaningless because there is nothing to spread, they already have it. Cutting off Hershels leg was also meaningless since they already knew they were all infected.

I thought the point to gutting the limbs off was prevention of them turning faster, because if you are bit you turn w/in days as if you died if you let the wound fester. still doesn't make sense but at least this season they don't have abundant food...yet

Not necessarily though, because the virus in a healthy person is dormant.
I think getting bitten hastens the "turning" process. So amputation would still work if caught soon enough.

Betty

Staff member

MorganEA said:
Was it season one where one of the group got bit and they showed him getting really sick and eventually he asked to be left behind because he was "turning". Before they found the CDC I think.
Yes, I think it was season 1. The character's name was Jim.

With Tyreese, I think way too much time went by before they cut his arm off. Didn't they do it almost immediately with Herschel?

MorganEA

I agree, with Tyreese they didnt get to him in time but it was either take him back and let the virus spread through him or try to cut it off and try to save him.

Yes, but given the situation, the group didn't know how long tyrese was bitten and I'm sure they did it out of instinct.
I mean come on... You're racing toward your friend and you're on your toes with no time to think. I think they did the right thing with amputating his arm. It was a risk that they were willing to take.

I mean, he was going to die anyway, because the virus had most likely spread throughout his body, might as well try and do what they can to save him.

Let's also remember that when Hershel was bit, they were in a prison with medical supplies and medicine. So there's that too, as to why or how he survived and Tyrese didn't.