The Walking Dead Season 5 - DON'T KISS HER, CARL! COOTIES!

MorganEA

Re: The Walking Dead Season 5 - THEY ATE DOGS OMG!!

I think the virus is a form of rabies!! rabies is an interesting virus...

Bob

Well i think one things for sure, when a new black dude shows up, you can bet the current black guy is gonna die.

token_zpsfc136925.jpg

But now there are two black guys.
Noah, and that stupid preacher coward, Gabriel.

Bob

It is an anomaly, but i am sure they will be dead soon enough.

It's always the character that becomes the voice of reason, that usually dies. At least that's what I've observed.

That walker taking a flare to the head. Best kill ever.

And really, I think Rick is being a little brat.

That was the only good part of the show, rick is paranoid but he always gets that way i suppose i would too if almost every "happy place" turns out messed up. i guess they wouldn't have much of a show without that though.

Language, please keep this family friendly. Thank you :)
While it's true that Rick has every right to be paranoid, I think everyone going against him was a powerful message that he can't always be the leader of the group. The Rictatorship is over! Hahahawhoamikidding.

I was particularly proud of Glenn for standing up for the group. It's not like him to go "against the grain" and I'm just glad that they did that to his character.

And while it's odd seeing Michonne almost desperate for a "normal life" I think it's a welcoming change. I like that they are changing up the character development, it's not as linear as it used to be. :)

And also, why didn't Rick just frickin' make Aaron drink the water first? If it really was poisoned, Aaron would have died, and the group would have easily known if he was lying or not. UGH. SO BOTHERING THAT THEY DIDN'T DO THAT. It was the most obvious thing to do! SERIOUSLY THOUGH.

Say, is this "Walking Dead" show any good? :)

I'm serious -- never seen it. I think my wife and I were not impressed by "yet another" zombie themed show. But, we just finished Breaking Bad, which we really liked. Before watching that we weren't jonesing for a show about meth.

It's okay , i am unimpressed but a lot of people love it so there has to be something there right?

MattArmstrong said:
Say, is this "Walking Dead" show any good? :)

I'm serious -- never seen it. I think my wife and I were not impressed by "yet another" zombie themed show. But, we just finished Breaking Bad, which we really liked. Before watching that we weren't jonesing for a show about meth.

Well, the Walking Dead started strong, like most shows out there, and kinda slowly dies out as each season progresses. They kinda started to pick up in Season 3, and then up again in the beginning of Season 5, and is now on a slow downward slope towards the end of Season 5. You're probably not missing out on much, like you've mentioned before, it's another zombie themed show, but I think what this show does well in, compared to the others, is that the show makes it so that the walkers (zombies) aren't the threat, but the other surviving humans are the bigger threat. That being said, there are some memorable characters. If you're familiar with the "Graphic Novels" (Comic Books), there will be some surprises here and there that don't follow the graphic novels, for obvious reasons (why watch it, when I already know what will happen? etc etc...)

If Walking Dead isn't your thing, I could recommend these shows:
Since you've watched Breaking Bad, AMC has started airing a spin off series from Breaking Bad, called "Better Call Saul" it just aired not to long ago, I believe they're on Episode 5 right now. Basically takes place before the events of Breaking Bad. But there are some familiar faces that you will see in that show, that you've seen from Breaking Bad. (I guess the only drawback with shows being aired right now, is that you can't binge watch. Which is a PAIN.)

Battlestar Galactica is another series I enjoyed. It's scifi-ish, if that's your thing.
Caprica, which is actually a prequel to the Battlestar Galactica series. It's more drama, than it is action packed, but still very scifi.
More scifi, there's Firefly (only one season, so it's not going to last, but it's still a fun series)...then there's the movie, called Serenity.
Parks and Recreation, now on its final season, this show is pretty funny... it kinda gives off a "The Office" vibe, but I like this show much more than "The Office"
30 Rock is another sitcom-ish show. It's alright. I trugged through the entire series.
Being Human is your typical Vampire/Wolf/Ghost show. It has its quirks.
True Blood, Vampires, Fairies, Wolves, oh my.
Grimm is another nice one, it loosely follows old stories by the Grimm Brothers, in more modern times, but as the series goes on, it takes on a whole story on its own.
Once Upon a Time, if you're into fairy crap. I'm not, but I still enjoyed the first season, then suddenly lost interest.
Gilmore Girls, hey. I like this show. Back off.
Charmed, I watched this growing up while I was in high school. What's not to like about witches? Plus, I hate Shanon Doherty, and well... let's just say she had it coming, in Season 3.
Elementary, Sherlock Holmes with a twist. Watson is a female (Lucy Lu... Yay?).
Monk, fun detectivy series.
Psych, fun detectivy series.
Chuck, Secret agent/detectivy series.

Other mentionables:
Game of Thrones, I never cared for it. I tried watching it, 5 times. And all of those 5 times, I fell asleep. But people go gaga over the show (am I missing something here?)
House of Cards, it's political. I didn't care for it.
Sherlock, pretty good, I guess.
Dr. Who, I never jumped on the Dr. Who bandwagon. So. Meh.
House MD, Greys Anatomy, Private Practice, if you were ever into hospital shows like ER, these three shows, you will enjoy.

That's all I can list off the top of my head. My brain is so saturated and mushy now. Thanks a lot.

I agree with Battle Star Galactica, Gilmore Girls, charmed, Elementary, and Once upon a time.
i like game of thrones, but not really Gaga over it just think its pretty good.
Love house of cards Kevin spacy is brilliant!

In addition to these i like:

Mad Men: ad agency in the 60's thought it was really well done.
LillyHammer:: mob guy goes into the witness protection program and is placed in norway..suprisingly funny and good..
Orange is the new black is also pretty decent
and friends is on netflix if you want to re watch that :)

there is my 5 cents

MorganEA

I love Game of Thrones, but that's because I read all the books.

I couldn't get intot he books, not that there is anythng wrong with them, i am just not a fan of martins writing style. I love Wheel of Time, even if jordan gets a bit wordy lol

Bob

If i could only watch one show for the reset of my life, it would be a hard toss up between battlestar galactica and the office. I think i would have to pick the office only because it has for more episodes. But, battlestar is my all time favorite show, just not very many episodes =(

Wow, thanks for the huge list!

+1 to Battlestar.
+1 to Lillyhammer (but can't get my wife to watch it).

We don't watch much TV, and when we do it is usually streamed, so it has got to grab us and keep us in one or two episodes. Though, for true vegetation we also watch Survivor, America's Next Top Model, and People's Court! :-D

We liked Heros. A co-worker told me to stop after the first season. From what I saw of the 2nd season premier, that was good advice.

Heros? Or Heroes, like... Save the Cheerleader, save the world, Heroes? I enjoyed that series. I can't believe that didn't pop in my head earlier. lol!

Xena, there's also Xena.... >_>;