Stock change, what was I thinking? More bichirs

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
:rofl:poo:rofl:poo You found the perfect picture HAHAHAHA sometimes comes in a special edition "corn n' chocolate"
Thebellboy+rolled+a+random+image+posted+in+comment+3+at+_e463fe1e1b2705d1d65d303d9db89e7a.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
@FishBeast, talking with some other Nigerian lap owners and found they dont eat a lot compared to other polys. Will take some time to fatten up at this rate! Very dainty eater.

FishBeast

@FishBeast, talking with some other Nigerian lap owners and found they dont eat a lot compared to other polys. Will take some time to fatten up at this rate! Very dainty eater.
That's good to know. I was a bit worried that it wasn't feeling well or still in transport shock... He did eat a red wiggler worm last night that I dipped in garlic juice. Left 1 massivore in this morning before I left. I'll check later if he ate it.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Update on the Nigerian lap
2i0rqlv.jpg

Skinny but doing well. I have started my parasite meds on it and will run the full course and then fatten it up a bit before it goes in the 300g

FishBeast

Very good! You're so lucky there's no aggression. Also, this really puts perspective on how massive your other bichirs are. :)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I did the whole move during a big water change which made it easier to slip in a new comer. Also I am pretty sure the Nigerian is male which also gives him a little advantage because the big endli is a girl and she did not go full dominant on him like she does the other polys. The only other one she never messed with was the ansorgii who also is male.

I just dropped in tilapia before going to bed and saw the Nigerian chowing down. That is a pretty good sign that the move from qt was not too traumatic. In fact the thing looked happy all day swimming around and exploring.

I think if you can make your endli a middle sized one and put a larger lap variant as the dominant fish it will help. Also the numbers do make a difference. At five or more it is much easier.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
The little lap is so happy in the big tank

You can see the little bumps of food in it's belly.

The Nigerian by the Faranah lap. They are pretty much tail to tail

It just joined the poly pile and is happy, happy

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Betty, very happy group of fish. Nice to finally have a community where they all get along so well.