Seattle Aquarium Swap

LJ: Can't you like... print out your avatar and put it on your first gen nametag? Be a proud owner of a first gen nametag, those things are like...limited edition. lol.

Aron will prolly pick up the tags, but you're more than welcome to come by and get them. Stargrass, yes, I can bring some, but you will either have to come by the store tomorrow or on Friday, because those are the only days I work (unless you go to the store Saturday morning).

You wanna trade some manzanita wood for them plants I gave/I'm going to give you? I need more manza wood, and none of the manza wood at the store is the right kind I want/need. I also still have some light diffusing paper, I was just kickin' your balls....marimo balls. Ahem. =P

Lamental Jester

wellllll, the star grass you already owe me for the hydrocotyle tripartita. And I'm just jerking your chain about making me a new nametag. For manzanita, you looking for ones to fit in those super nanos you've been making right? Can't come up tomorrow cause that's the GSAS meeting, I can come up friday evening though, I'll look through my wood horde and bring up any I find that can work for your nanos.

Right, as for the manza wood, I can use any size, I just need them to be REALLY REALLY INTRICATE looking. Like, super branch with twiggy-twigs. Anything like that would work. :D

We do have "nano sized" manzanita wood, but they're not as "intricate" as I want them to be, because the really intricate ones already sold. lol.

Lamental Jester

hmmmmm, most of mine are "driftwood" style, but I might have a few twiggy ones that would work, I'll show you on Friday, and I can grab the nametags too if needed

Granted, I don't know when the next swap is ... but if I remember correctly, Ron tries to do them every three months or so.

Thanks Wes! :)

To everyone who owns a 1st Gen Nametag, YOU HAD BETTER WEAR THEM AT THE SWAP, OR ELSE YOU WILL COME HOME TO FLOATING FISH!!! Bwaaahahahaha!!! :twisted: 

Ahem, joking aside, yes...it would be nice if you wore your nametags, as making them does take quite a bit of my time, and I would feel really butt hurt if people ended up just wearing them for one day and then trashing them/losing them afterwards. :no: that would make me a saaaaad panda.
bth_1271968za1dg6b523.gif
CryingPanda.gif

you wouldn't want me to be a sad panda...would you?
tearyeyes.gif

Lamental Jester

I would like to point out the the SWAP is on Saturday the 14th, even though the fishbox calender has it listed for Friday the 13th!  I don't know about you, but I don't want that one hockey-masked, machete-weilding, psychopath ruining my SWAPy fun!

VernalPond

Looking forward to seeing all you folks this weekend. Thanks to Ron and Aron for hosting the event.

Hey Poke, you were mentioning looking for aquarium wood.  Gigi and I are bringing some pretty epic wood.  We are bringing super rare branch canker Madrona.  This is the most top branches of a diseased Madrona species we have here on Vashon Island.  The disease is bad for the tree but looks awesome in the aquarium.  The lead researcher on branch cankers even keeps it in her own aquarium.  Gigi and I will have a bunch of this that we cut, cleaned and cured ourselves.  We will have a two page info sheet at the swap so folks know how to work with this exotic wood, where it comes from and what branch cankers are.  I keep this in all my tanks now.

We will have nano size all the way up to pieces for 200+ gallon aquariums.  It is all priced to sell because we don't want to bring it home.  There are two pics below of the wood but lots more I shot quickly here if you are interested:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/shangolos/sets/72157635468063205/

Also pictured below is an array of the rare leaves, barks and other organic aquarium care that we have hunted down and imported to share.  We will have bags of all that stuff and more.

We are bringing something else special too.  I infused cane cholla with flame moss and have been letting it grow in for a couple months.  I had heard that these SASwap meets are pretty awesome so we planned ahead to bring our A-game.  =)

We'll have more surprises too as well as our shrimp t-shirts and of course, Gigi's Wonderfood.

I am so stoked we will have sunny 75 degree sunny weather Saturday!

See you soon

Shango

ni_ste11.jpg

cholla10.jpg

dsc_0010.jpg

dsc_0011.jpg

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Madrona wood is awesome in the tank, I have a piece in one of my tanks that I picked up from grandparents house years ago...... You guys won't have any trouble selling it. It's gorgeous

VernalPond: I don't think I was the one looking for any driftwood at the moment, but that stuff does sound awesome! Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the swap, as I will be manning the store (Aquarium Co-Op) that day. hehehe

VernalPond

Oh, sorry Poke. I misunderstood above when you said "Right, as for the manza wood, I can use any size, I just need them to be REALLY REALLY INTRICATE looking. Like, super branch with twiggy-twigs. Anything like that would work. Very Happy"

I was looking forward to seeing you Saturday but rockin the Co-Op is a righteous way to spend the day for sure. Maybe we'll see you at the November GSAS auction.

A

Anonymous

@VernalPond & everyone else,

Wow, this list just put the " YOU CAN'T GET ANYWHERE ELSE " factor into this swap! all I am saying here is if anyone is teeter tottering on the idea of going to this event this should have just pushed you off the fence. These goodies are designed to bring that natural habit into our aquariums, in turn helping making happy pets :)Thank you Shango & Gigi