Seattle Aquarium Swap

Angelman

Okay Folks, it’s time to rustle up everyone for another Seattle Area Aquarium Swap Meet.   Freshwater and saltwater hobbyists and pet stores are both welcome.

Date:  September 14, 2013
Location is the same:   Kloshe Illahee Age Appropriate Park
2500 S 370th St,
Federal Way, WA 9803
Time:  1:00pm to set up;  2pm open doors to public
           5pm close to public;  Clean up and out by 6pm

This time it will be an open air meet on the tennis court.  (The community room is no longer available for the meets.)
This is a “bring-your-own-table-and–chairs”, and “bring-your-own-water” event.  

There will be one location with an extension cord to use to test equipment ONLY.
Parking will be in specific areas, so once you unload, please move your vehicles as far as you can from the tennis court entry to allow the public to park near the event location.

What to bring:  Your extra equipment, aquatic plants, and fish to sell or trade.  

Cleanup:  We will need all participants to help clean up any trash left on the tennis court, please.

Cost:  $0…..  Requesting non-perishable food/sundries donations for local charities.

Volunteers wanted: To help unload and set up and greet visitors at entry, and to help with promotion.  Please contact me by private message to help out.

Disclaimer: This event is not a profit event for Kloshe Illahee or the facilitators/co-ordinators.  All participants are responsible for their own money collection and any taxes that may apply for their sales/trades.

Angelman

1098223_507431675992278_985006639_n.jpg

So excited for this! Alas, I'm still unsure if I can make it, as Saturdays are super busy days at Aquarium Co-Op. If anything, I'll be there in spirit!! :D

No... "This is a “bring-your-own-table-and–chairs”, and “bring-your-own-water” event." Requesting non-perishable donations for local charity.

Also note..."There will be one location with an extension cord to use to test equipment ONLY."

I realize this is somewhat of an inconvenience, but it is what it is. And as Cory pointed out, "We do all day fish auctions with no electricity".

So to register for a table placement space contact Aron or me!

Thanks all,
Ron

Table registration requests will be recorded in chronological order. We will go by this order to let those there at that time choose their table location.

Our first registration is Earthfish! Way to go gal! Thanks for making the quick decision!

Ron

To everyone that went to last years SAAS event, and got a nametag from me, BRIIIING THEEEEM!! :) for those who don't have a nametag, I will be making more for this years event!

I figured it would be nice to have uniform WaFishBox nametags, that had our real names, AND our WaFishBox names. I think it would make it a lot easier to identify people and who's who, by showing both names, along with our current avatars (If you've changed your avatar since then, your nametag will show the avatar that was currently active when the nametag was made, printer ink is espensives yo!)

This is the sample.

Here is what mine would look like:

And here is a blank one that you all can edit/print out. You could just print out a blank one, and write your names on the cards, either way :)

If anyone is incapable of editing the blank one, and would like one, let me know, and I can make one up for you, just shoot me a PM.

Here's another example of what FishloverRon's nametag looks like.
FishloverRon

(Click to Enlarge)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

With that said, if anyone else wants their own nametag, please don't hesitate to send me a PM with your info, and I would be more than happy to make one for you, then all you have to do is print it out, and you're all set! I would advise that you print it on cardstock, or have it laminated, or put it in one of those ID Card holder necklace things, that way we can use them for future WaFishBox events, or just carry them around in other events =P

NOTICE
Newer nametags will sport the newest WaFishBox Logo. :D

A

Anonymous

Lamental Jester said:
I have no tables to bring, gonna be bummin' off of Billy and Tanya, lol... unless I find something at a thrift store
I'm sure you could find something at a thrift store. I dont see anything wrong with throwing a blanket on the ground either....

A

Anonymous

So this would be my first time in an aquarium swap. What is expected or what do we bring (ppl with no space reservation) and what do we do. Sorry for the dumb question but dont want to look puzzled at the swap.

Madness

Staff member
The swap is just like a swap meet. Those that have things to sell/trade, set up their tables, and then there are those that come to look and buy. Because this is all about the hobby, a lot of BSing goes on also. :D