Seattle Aquarium Swap

A

Anonymous

It was fun and got to see other new ppl. But family first unless you planned it out earlier to go the swap. Others like Jettej wanted to go but had anniversary date with girlfriend. Family is always first unless you planned and blocked the calendar like I did. Others say last swap before was packed but I guess due to the Puyallup fair and sports game being on the same day. It was less, they say. This was my first swap. So I didn't know what to expect. But still it was fun BSing with others.

VernalPond

Here are a few photos for you.  All the photos were taken at about the same time so you don't get any sense of the progression over the day.  There were about 75 buyers and 12 vendors because one dropped out.  The day started robust with the vendors trading, selling and very much BSing amongst themselves.  I was stoked to meet some of the folks from the forum right away.  Lamental Jester was there early as was um, Billy.  Doing it all by forum codename isn't going to be so successful for me. Jester is a very cool guy named Graham who had some of the most gorgeous HUGE sword mothers I have seen.  Folks had started a bit of a bidding war over one of them until he traded it for a gargantuan piece of very ornate wood.  I think it might have been Riley's originally that day or possibly Billy's.  Remember, I am the new guy so all my attributions are worthless.  I'm just trying to give a first hand account for your entertainment.  =)

Event organizer Ron Sower aka FishLoverRon was a fabulous host showing folks where to park and even helping folks load in.  The space was perfect for us and thank goodness the rain stayed in the sky.  We had hazy gray but no rain the whole day.  Ok, maybe the space wasn't perfect.   Those stairs were inconvenient but for free, I was so not going to complain. The tennis court was actually pretty darn cool to hang out on though. Great job Ron and thanks!  This event is totally to your credit. We all owe you a nod of thanks.

Pretty much right at opening, folks started arriving seeking totally awesome locally bred deals; which they found.  As a vendor for the first time, it was very satisfying to here the thud, thud of car doors and lots of folks showing up and being excited.  It makes getting up and packing the car early in the day and the drive totally worth it.

I saw incredible surface plants, carpet plants, mother plants, amazing shrimp, seiryu rocks, mammoth wood pieces and imported betta and shrimp nets.  There were lots of really unique items like a red brain coral piece, canker Madrona aquarium wood, hand made light fixtures, some amazing tiger lillies that I saw too late, a great sump, and Gigi and I had organic Gigi's Wonderfood, of course, and organic exotic aquarium care leaves and barks and our shrimp t-shirts which were selling in 3XL like mad.  Oh, and our raw honey from home on Vashon Island.

Folks really started filling in about 3pm and the vendors were clicking along and actually busy. G and I had been answering questions for awhile and I could tell we were not the only ones.  I could see Tanya was answering a ton of questions too because she was directly across the space from me and she was busy for most of the afternoon like Gigi and I were.

I was stoked to meet fellow shrimp nerd Alex finally from Midway, Shawn (sp?) aka Madness, Wesley (who is fabulous to just chill and chat with), Nick the Elder, and many other forum folks who I was less successful in remembering their names.  And I saw that Mike guy who is the Axolotyl expert.  That guy is at every cool fish event.

Folks from the Portland club came up and that was awesome.  The more we can pull our scenes together I think it will be better for all of us.

Ok, ok, I guess I kinda just stream of semiconscioused there.  Here are a few pics so you can pull a vibe.  Remember, this is only one moment and before we were busy!

110.jpg

210.jpg

310.jpg

410.jpg

510.jpg

If you have photos, post them too because they will have been shot at a different part of the day.

A

Anonymous

Looks like a much bigger turn out from last time.....Missssed it :/

A

Anonymous

PokeSephiroth said:
Yeees YEEEEES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!! People wearing my custom nametags! Bwaaahahahaha :Dglad everyone had a blast!
Salamat bro. Or thank you sir

Gryphon

I'll have to get a picture of my daughter wearing her "Shrimp Rancher" T-shirt we got her there. Sounds like things really picked up after I left :( 

CrazedAce

I was speaking to customers and just BSing with everyone that came to my table for a good hour at the least, definitely a lot of fun talking with everyone. Then I started wandering off and doing trades. I had woke up at 6am that day to prepare all my fish, and I still had to bag the plecos/shrimp on site. I hope everyone that got one of those bags enjoys it!

Lamental Jester

Great seeing everyone!  Shango and Gigi, you guys rule!  The Blue Velvets I got from you guys are gorgeous!  Crazed Ace, SiRWesDragon, nick_76, KaraWolf, Anderson_PR it was great to meet you guys!  Madness and hobbyorobsession always a pleasure, PS- Madness, hope you enjoy my wood :lmfao: 

Billy, Lee (Billy's wife), and Tanya... the Korean BBQ afterwards was delicious, and made me pass out as soon as I got home, but it was a great pass out, food coma naps are the best!  lol

I also met a couple peeps that drove all the way from Portland!  I told them about Wafishbox, so hopefully they'll check us out.  If you guys are reading this:  great to meet the both of you, and join the forum asap :)

And last but not least, lets give a big round of applause to fishloverRon for making this happen! :clap: :clap: :clap: 

I apologize if I'm forgetting anybody, I haven't had my coffee yet, lol!

BillHN

Tanya said next time we're doing a swap meet there'll be a shrimp storm LOL

AMG DANIEL WAS THERE????
I didn't get to tell him thank yoU! NOOO .-.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Lamental Jester said:
the Korean BBQ afterwards was delicious, and made me pass out as soon as I got home, but it was a great pass out, food coma naps are the best!  lol
What was the name of this place, where is it located?

Being part Korean we just call it BBQ....

escapay

VernalPond said:
Folks from the Portland club came up and that was awesome.  The more we can pull our scenes together I think it will be better for all of us.
I'm so glad I was able to come up there! I'll have to let you know what some of the other Portland members think of the food samples. :) My Plecos loved it.

Lamental Jester said:
I also met a couple peeps that drove all the way from Portland!  I told them about Wafishbox, so hopefully they'll check us out.  If you guys are reading this:  great to meet the both of you, and join the forum asap :)
It was a pleasure meeting you! I joined! Brandon probably won't since I'm really the fish person, not him. He just tagged along. :lol: I do have to say he did like it.

I had a lot of fun visiting with other fish enthusiasts. Wasn't sure what to expect since it was my first swap ever.

BillHN

DMD123 said:
Lamental Jester said:
the Korean BBQ afterwards was delicious, and made me pass out as soon as I got home, but it was a great pass out, food coma naps are the best!  lol
What was the name of this place, where is it located?

Being part Korean we just call it BBQ....
Shin Sung. 
I chose that place, because I didn't think everyone would be up for Kum Kang San (seeing that it's over 25 a person).

We ended up spending at least 16 per anyways.

nick_76

escapay- Portland was one hell of a drive to make our little swap....somehow that didn't cross my mind when someone mentioned there were some folks from Portland poking around, I was busy packing up at the time. certainly hope we didn't disappoint..

A

Anonymous

I had planned on going but ended up going to california. Wish I could have made it had a few things I planned on selling. Glad everyone who went had a good time.

nick_76

just wait, there'll be another...if ron ever gets tired of organizing these, im sure someone else will take the reigns...I just cant wait till we outgrow our current venue. grrroooowww!!! GGGRRROOOWWWW!!!!