Love at First Sight - Spotted Congo Puffer

FishBeast

The part that I don't understand is all of the experts that recommend having a "quarantine" tank. That would be the worst thing that I could do. It would just turn out to be used for something else and then I would have to set up another tank for "quarantine" and on and on and on.
HAHAHA You are so right! We have trouble looking at a quarantine tank, sitting there all cycled and empty... Begging you to put a fish in it! :lol

Cole

Hey Cole, the circuit thing, is that something you do yourself or do you need an electrician to do it? I'm having breaker tripping issues due to "Garage Tank-itis" hahaha

Technically you want an electrician to do it, but for me it's just a matter of running more Romex across the unfinished basement ceiling, dropping it in behind the drywall, near the outlet I want to create the new circuit with. Then I disconnect the wires heading into that outlet from which the old circuit will remain. Once I instill the new wire into that box and deal with the main electrical panel, all the outlets still connected to that outlet have now become part of the new circuit.

So, there are 5 outlets on the same circuit right now. I'm going to run a new line to the middle outlet. Once I disconnect the middle outlet from those on the right, the two remaining outlets on the right stay on their own circuit. Now, when I connect the new wire, that was fished down behind the wall, to the middle outlet, that outlet and the two to the left of it will be a part of the new circuit.

Depending on access, it shouldn't be hard for a licensed electrician to handle.

FishBeast

Technically you want an electrician to do it, but for me it's just a matter of running more Romex across the unfinished basement ceiling, dropping it in behind the drywall, near the outlet I want to create the new circuit with. Then I disconnect the wires heading into that outlet from which the old circuit will remain. Once I instill the new wire into that box and deal with the main electrical panel, all the outlets still connected to that outlet have now become part of the new circuit.

So, there are 5 outlets on the same circuit right now. I'm going to run a new line to the middle outlet. Once I disconnect the middle outlet from those on the right, the two remaining outlets on the right stay on their own circuit. Now, when I connect the new wire, that was fished down behind the wall, to the middle outlet, that outlet and the two to the left of it will be a part of the new circuit.

Depending on access, it shouldn't be hard for a licensed electrician to handle.
Thank you!! So you run it from the panel... Cool. I've done some electrical but I'm gonna have to look into doing that myself if an electrician will charge too much!

Joel

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a little video of my puffer! I tried to throw in some info/chatter in there but I think it sounded weird hahaha.

That was a great vid! And very informative. I didnt realise the clove oil is used to knock em out to allow for dental work I thought someone who mentioend it in the past meant they were putting it down. I agree they seem intelligent I really want one!!!

Cole

That was a great vid! And very informative. I didnt realise the clove oil is used to knock em out to allow for dental work I thought someone who mentioend it in the past meant they were putting it down. I agree they seem intelligent I really want one!!!

There are plenty of clove oil videos online where the puffer doesn't wake up after being knocked out with the clove oil. Even happened in the care of a vet. I would avoid the need for clove oil as much as possible, by feeding your puffer crunchy foods. Clove oil can be some nasty stuff. Awesome video FishBeast!

FishBeast

Yes unfortunately clove oil is more often used for euthanasia. :(

FishBeast

There are plenty of clove oil videos online where the puffer doesn't wake up after being knocked out with the clove oil. Even happened in the care of a vet. I would avoid the need for clove oil as much as possible, by feeding your puffer crunchy foods. Clove oil can be some nasty stuff. Awesome video FishBeast!
You are exactly right! it's a scary proposition no doubt. Too easy to make a mistake and kill our beloved pets. Thanks for the compliment! Fish are so cool!! :)

FishBeast

[GALLERY=media, 176]20170130_121105 by Joel posted Jan 30, 2017 at 12:26 PM[/GALLERY]

Well that didn't take long did it... just bought 2 pea puffers :D currently in QT
Hahaha very good!! Great buys and you will get lots of enjoyment from them!! Those puffers and the betta will love bloodworms. Just sit and stare at those adorable puffers with their independently moving bug eyes and their almost smiling mouths and you will understand what all the craze is about hehehe :D

Joel

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah really happy to see they ate BBS and bloodworms tonight (I put in bugger all of each but it was still enough to make their little bellies round). Their colour came out a bit too. They must have been hungry at the LFS!!

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
@VickiK hahaha exactly! We would love to see pics or video of your SAP!

You know, I was worried that my little Sean Puffy Combs wasn't eating his snails. But since I now have a Red Ramshorn Snail farm, I pop the little easy to eat (think "Popcorn Snails for Puffy") in there and I've yet to see one grow up to get too big to eat. He must be eating them. This morning, I sat motionless and watched him do drive-bys on two snails that I plopped in there, even picking them up and spitting them right back out again a couple of times each snail. Then, he'd go cruising around the tank (I also put in more Popcorn Snails snails at the other end) but he'd end up back there, focused on that area where those two snails were sitting. He actually sucked one off a leaf and I thought, "YAY! I've finally seen him eat a snail!" but a second later PATTOOOOYYY - and out it came.

I tell ya, puffers are the cutest fish in the universe.

FishBeast

You know, I was worried that my little Sean Puffy Combs wasn't eating his snails. But since I now have a Red Ramshorn Snail farm, I pop the little easy to eat (think "Popcorn Snails for Puffy") in there and I've yet to see one grow up to get too big to eat. He must be eating them. This morning, I sat motionless and watched him do drive-bys on two snails that I plopped in there, even picking them up and spitting them right back out again a couple of times each snail. Then, he'd go cruising around the tank (I also put in more Popcorn Snails snails at the other end) but he'd end up back there, focused on that area where those two snails were sitting. He actually sucked one off a leaf and I thought, "YAY! I've finally seen him eat a snail!" but a second later PATTOOOOYYY - and out it came.

I tell ya, puffers are the cutest fish in the universe.
HAHAHA you always have such funny and vivid descriptions of events! I am picturing the little bugger sucking in that snail, looking at you out of the corner of his independently moving eyes, thinking "Oh, she's watching!" and then projectile spits it out!! He is eating them for sure, but only when you aren't there. They are absolute cuties!!