Love at First Sight - Spotted Congo Puffer

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Now I am thinking of getting a mbu but then I don't think I have room for a 300 gallon tank in my garage!

I don't know that I could put such a personality-packed member of the family in the garage -- but I suppose, where they heck else would you put a giant tank like that? Move out the couch perhaps! ha! If I had a garage, I'd be out there with the puffer all the time.

FishBeast

I don't know that I could put such a personality-packed member of the family in the garage -- but I suppose, where they heck else would you put a giant tank like that? Move out the couch perhaps! ha! If I had a garage, I'd be out there with the puffer all the time.
Hahaha good point! I would have tanks all over the house if it weren't for my (sensible) wife!

Joel

Administrator
Staff member
I consider it a serious committment but I get closer every day to making the decision.

Almost bought a figure 8 a few months back but cbf with brackish.. or can I....

FishBeast

I consider it a serious committment but I get closer every day to making the decision.

Almost bought a figure 8 a few months back but cbf with brackish.. or can I....
Figure 8 can live fully in freshwater I believe. You can get the amazon puffers or pea puffers too! Or a puffer like mine!

Joel

Administrator
Staff member
Figure 8 can live fully in freshwater I believe. You can get the amazon puffers or pea puffers too! Or a puffer like mine!
If I remember correctly (which is unlikely) Cory or Cole mentioned they are cool in freshwater for short periods like a month or so but its not ideal over the long term. Anyone who knows the answer feel free to chip in

Joel

Administrator
Staff member
I should add to that Cole has pointed out some freshwater species that i CAN get legal in New Zealand. The question is still whether im committed to proper care

Loren

All of these puffers are really cool but I think that I will just stick with my pea puffer that eats and costs a whole lot less. :lol

FishBeast

If I remember correctly (which is unlikely) Cory or Cole mentioned they are cool in freshwater for short periods like a month or so but its not ideal over the long term. Anyone who knows the answer feel free to chip in
Like @Loren says, you can always start with the little pea puffers! Pretty undemanding, loads of personality. :)