Aquarium Cartel Swap Meet - Auburn, WA

CrazedAce

Just finished bagging and loading equipment/tanks into the car. Looks like I won't have room for the sands, but I have two coolers full of fish, and that's not even counting the bristlenose!

A

Anonymous

CrazedAce. Those apistos are mine and maybe some of your brevis.

A

Anonymous

Thats was awesome meeting you guys again. Score some angels from Angelman, shrimp food from shango and gigi, red cherry shrimps from tanya, and won some more shrimp food from the raffle.

CrazedAce

Great turnout for vendors this time! Met a few new people and seen a lot of familiar faces. I wish I could have bought more stuff!

Hello Fishboxers...!

What a swap meet!  I had so much fun!  It was great seeing and visiting all of you there and watching all the trading going on. Good turnout! Good venue. Good people. Great time!

Thanks to all the vendors and visitors! Many thanks to Shango for big help in pulling this together. And John and Amy for volunteering to cover the sign-in table for a long stretch for me.

Also thanks for the donations from the following...let's all be sure to return the support to them.  They are all enthusiastic hobbyists and share tons of information with us to help make our participation in the hobby so much more satisfying for us.
       Aquarium Co-op - Finnex 24'' Ray2 (Cory)
       Gigi's Wonderfood - Retail bags of organic veggie food (Grace, aka Gigi)
       Nature Invincible - Retail bags of organic leaves (Shango)
       Southern Delight Food - a jar of food - (Shawn Armentrout)

I'll be looking over the exit questionnaires that the vendors turned in to me to see what they have to say and hopefully have ideas that will make an even better swap next time.

Oh, and by the way...Mark your calendars for February 8 for the next one!

BillHN

fishloverRon said:
Hello Fishboxers...!

What a swap meet!  I had so much fun!  It was great seeing and visiting all of you there and watching all the trading going on. Good turnout! Good venue. Good people. Great time!

Thanks to all the vendors and visitors! Many thanks to Shango for big help in pulling this together. And John and Amy for volunteering to cover the sign-in table for a long stretch for me.

Also thanks for the donations from the following...let's all be sure to return the support to them.  They are all enthusiastic hobbyists and share tons of information with us to help make our participation in the hobby so much more satisfying for us.
       Aquarium Co-op - Finnex 24'' Ray2 (Cory)
       Gigi's Wonderfood - Retail bags of organic veggie food (Grace, aka Gigi)
       Nature Invincible - Retail bags of organic leaves (Shango)
       Southern Delight Food - a jar of food - (Shawn Armentrout)

I'll be looking over the exit questionnaires that the vendors turned in to me to see what they have to say and hopefully have ideas that will make an even better swap next time.

Oh, and by the way...Mark your calendars for February 8 for the next one!
'SOOOO FUN

CrazedAce

I'm surprised I didn't sell out of my bristlenose this time. I guess it was the shrimp mixed in with them last time that made everyone want them! Oh well, they went into the 55 and learned the lesson of staying out in the open; damn goldfish...

And thank you Betty! The male I got from you is already starting to fan and entice the female to breed! I love having non-related parents, makes the fry healthier. :D

I will post a thread tomorrow (hopefully) showing off everything I got at the meet.

KaraWolf

If I hadn't already had a territorial bottom feeder I would have snagged one of those they were too cute!! I didn't know they stayed so small even as adults. Small being a relative term LOL since they would be the same size as my largest fish.

Madness

Staff member
Thank you again Ron for pulling this together. It was a great turn out. It was great meeting and talking with thefishpimp, Morgan (i hope that tank works out great for you), gnats, Alex(Jacko), Aaron, Sirwes, Karawolf and hubby, Betty, Billy, Lamental Jester, Shannon, livebearer, and anyone I may have left out.

I hope all of you that grabbed some samples enjoy the food. If you want to order any notify them at the info on the bag and tell them Shawn pointed you in their direction and they will take care of you. Or say that you picked it up at the wafishbox swap meet. :)

Looking forward to Feb. :)

Betty

Staff member
CrazedAce said:
I'm surprised I didn't sell out of my bristlenose this time. I guess it was the shrimp mixed in with them last time that made everyone want them! Oh well, they went into the 55 and learned the lesson of staying out in the open; damn goldfish...

And thank you Betty! The male I got from you is already starting to fan and entice the female to breed! I love having non-related parents, makes the fry healthier. :D

I will post a thread tomorrow (hopefully) showing off everything I got at the meet.
Wow, that's awesome.  I wouldn't have expected him to be ready for that yet.  I still think of them as too young at that size. :D 

Madness, I haven't tried it yet, but thank you for the sample of food.

nick_76

MorganEA said:
Who won the light?
from what I keep hearing, I did at first...but since I left shortly after spending all my $$$ it went to someone else..
bummer, cuz I do have a 24 inch led that I wanna replace- its got a nice short in it, and I was shocking myself every time I stuck my hand in the tank...
needless to say, ive added a grounding rod and a gfci to the tank since then..

Livebearer

MorgaEA,
We won the light after two other names were called that were not present. John C., my boyfreind is the winner. This is our first L.E.D. light and it makes our t-8s look like nightlites!!!
THANK YOU Aquarium co-op for the donation sorry to see you were not present as you missed out on all the fun!!!
Crazed Ace, Karawolf, Binbin9, Flyfalcons, Madness and anyone else we met from here, Nice to meet all of you!!! This was our first aqua swap so we decided to be a vendor as well. We have done auto swaps and other events before this one as well.
Crazed Ace, yes there was 1 shrimp in the batch of pleco's babies we got from you, thanks for the bonus. What type are they??
Again, thanks to everyone who put this all together to make it possible, especially to Fish_lover_ron,,,

THANK YOU UNCLE RON!!!!!

CrazedAce

He's a Red Cherry Shrimp. I will be bringing a bunch to sell at the next swap on Feb 8th! It was nice meeting you as well.