Your vehicles

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
Let me know more about this show….. I live about 5 minutes from Spanaway and would love to come shoot the breeze with you.
The E30 chassis was the basis of the 3-series BMW produced from 1982-1993. These cars have a huge cult following because they are light, nimble, and fun to drive, with a direct connection to the driver that has been largely lost in modern cars. The pinnacle of E30 development was the E30 M3, which was the most successful touring car racer ever.

The E30 Picnic was started 20 years ago by the Puget Sound Chapter of the BMW CCA, and has evolved into the largest gathering of E30 BMWs in the world. It is currently held at the LeMay Marymount campus in Spanaway, and attracts 200+ E30 BMWs every year. Admission is free if you park off-campus. More information can be found here-

https://www.e30picnic.com/

https://www.motorsportreg.com/event...lections-at-marymount-bmw-cca-national-863866

My 1988 M3 at the E30 Picnic in 2011-

Picnic_2013.jpg

DSCN3173.jpg

Last edited:

sir_keith

Legendary Member
@lloyd378- Little reminder about the BMW E30 Picnic at the LeMay Collections at Marymount in Spanaway (325 152nd St E Tacoma 98445) this Sunday. There are 217 cars pre-registered for the event, and there will be lots of enthusiastic people there!

DSC_8583.jpg

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I
@lloyd378- Unexpected change of plans means I won't be able to make it ti the E30 Picnic today. Bummer. :(
Its ok, I came down with a cold mid week and have been resting so I didn’t make it down there today either. I did run out to pac Ave to run a quick errand for the kids and passed, what I’m guessing, was an E30 card club from the south somewhere as there were about 7-8 E30 m3s ( guessing early 90s as they reminded me of the one you have outside and not the red one…. though I’m not an expert in identifying them) traveling south on highway 7 toward the Roy Y and yelm.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing fun but yesterday I had new KYB shocks and struts put on my 2013 Mazda 6. Smoothed out the ride considerably. Kind of tough at this point because the car is at the age where the wear and tear stuff is happening. I absolutely love the car so I am working on some things to keep it fun. I need to do the seats because the light beige leather has horrible wear on it. This is the area where the cost is very high to fix, not sur yet how much Im willing to spend on that fix, or just get a cheap seat cover.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
...Kind of tough at this point because the car is at the age where the wear and tear stuff is happening. I absolutely love the car so I am working on some things to keep it fun...
C'mon Man, your Mazda 6 is only 10 years old! Here's a car that was built in March 1987; my Henna Red E30 M3. BMW doesn't build them like this anymore!

34919476.DSC_4203.jpg

IMG_6804.jpg

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Nothing fun but yesterday I had new KYB shocks and struts put on my 2013 Mazda 6. Smoothed out the ride considerably. Kind of tough at this point because the car is at the age where the wear and tear stuff is happening. I absolutely love the car so I am working on some things to keep it fun. I need to do the seats because the light beige leather has horrible wear on it. This is the area where the cost is very high to fix, not sur yet how much Im willing to spend on that fix, or just get a cheap seat cover.
You should be able to find replacements online. I did my excursion when I had it.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
You should be able to find replacements online. I did my excursion when I had it.
The factory parts are pretty much gone. Mazda dealer showed one bottom leather 'skin' driver side and nothing else, found backs on Ebay for pretty cheap. I am looking at an aftermarket set up, but $1300 to do fronts and $1700 to do entire. Not sure I want to keep the light beige leather or just go black on the seats. Found a few on Amazon but no reviews, so hard to tell if worth it.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
C'mon Man, your Mazda 6 is only 10 years old!
This particular series of years was a body style they did from I believe 09' to 13'. The reason I like mine is that it is the Touring edition and a rare 3.7L V6 model. I previously had a 11' with the 4 cylinder and it was okay but the V6 is really nice. Parts are just starting to disappear in Mazda's warehouse Im likely needing to go to Ebay for stuff now.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Yesterday evening, I purchased an 06 Toyota sequoia for my son to learn and possibly drive when he turns 16!

He just turned 15 last Wednesday and is super pumped to start working on the sequoia to learn more about vehicles.

Here are some pictures ( I am in the process of selling my old Land Cruiser since it’s in dire need of some major maintenance and fixes.

IMG_4308.jpegIMG_4305.jpegIMG_4307.jpegIMG_4306.jpegIMG_4311.jpegIMG_4309.jpegIMG_4310.jpeg

sir_keith

Legendary Member
My Dad's 1958 Oldsmobile Super 88 wagon was one sweet (and powerful) ride, but the parents of many of the prettiest girls in school would not let them go out on a date in such a car. Different world... :eek: