Your vehicles

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
I did the same sort of thing with my old Corvette. The car was white with a tan interior ('Saddle' in Corvette-speak), but when I re-did the interior I used a combination of tan and black. Looked waaay better.

Renegade Aquatics

Thanks, and nice ride! I'm taking my E30 M3 down to the Cars and Caffeine meet at Griot's Garage in Tacoma tomorrow morning; the theme is German cars. Come on down! Local BMW CCA events are pretty much done for the year, except for a few weekend drives. Are you a member of the club? The Puget Sound Region chapter of the BMW CCA is very active, with lots of car meets as well as High Performance Driving schools. Well worth joining; I've made lots of good friends through the Club over the years.

Thank you! I have considered joining for a little, but wasn’t totally sure if it was worth but I might have to put my name in next spring when they start up again. I’ll be happy to come on down!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Off to Auto Trim in Tukwilla this afternoon to drop off the car for the new leather seats. Looking forward to nice new comfy seats that are not all worn out! I will miss my car for the two days they have it. Will have to drive the wife's car, a Honda CRV with a little 4 cylinder.

John58Ford

All a little 4-cylinder needs to be an absolute hot-rod is a supercharger! :cool:

View attachment 13146
The supercharged version was factory way more fun than the newer turbo machines. Mild work can get them in the 150+mph-unstable shoebox range of fun vehicles, I believe my windows usually came out of the upper seals just after the 5-6 shift around 135-140?. I parked mine upside down at Sonoma back in 2006. I'll have to dig around my laptop and see if I have any pictures of the thing, it was a blast the couple years it survived my abuse.

Edit: found a couple. We (our bases sports car club) used to take over the helicopter pad and wash our cars (instead of the helo) on our duty weeks. Man were small digital cameras literally toaster quality back then.
helipad4.jpg
steve.jpg
PICT0004.jpg

Last edited:

sir_keith

Legendary Member
...The supercharged version was factory way more fun than the newer turbo machines...

Absolutely. The turbo engines were cheaper to produce, and got better gas mileage, but the early supercharged MCS was the hot-rod. I didn't know you had one! But what crazy track let you run with the windows rolled up?

My MINI often reminds me of another favorite car that I tracked extensively, my BMW M Coupe-

kf_mcoupe_007 copy.jpg

kf_mcoupe_010.jpg

Last edited: