Your vehicles

Loren

No doubt. Now you know why purgatory exists and I won't put up an argument when I arrive.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Bought a new to me 2018 Toyota Tundra TRD off-road 1794 edition on Saturday, and today after picking up my kids from school, an “inattentive” ( I think he may have been texting) uninsured motorist in a Honda mini van side-swiped my truck right into my driver side rear tire. I was at a dead stop waiting to turn right, he was coming toward me when he veered out of his lane and into the middle turn lane. I am03987DE7-FC82-49EE-AA82-7EFA77B312E4.jpeg99C347C3-E62E-470A-B23C-C293F910E892.jpegCD9BEC2A-218C-46F5-A14D-40379DF16703.jpeg9E04F8BB-FDD6-480E-84F0-D67B6BBF05EE.jpeg28141343-5941-48FA-8E36-3157B5A05113.jpeg110FBB78-258B-4FFA-A6FF-430D9B81B638.jpeg Hoping it isn’t totaled! I’ve definitely had better days, but at least we are all unharmed and healthy.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Yes, that’s the positive there….both kids and myself didn’t even feel it. We heard it though. The truck is/was a super star in this situation and if it does indeed get totaled, I will search to find another just like it!

Glad to hear you are all well; vehicles can just be repaired or replaced.

Have you heard back from the insurance company yet? From the looks of your suspension damage, this could get expensive. Ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

keith t4 copy.jpg

This is a pic of my 1999 BMW M Coupe track car after I had an off-track incident in Turn 2 at Spokane Raceway Park in the summer of 2004. Classic case of running out of talent in mid-corner; exited the track surface at approximately 110 mph. Backwards. Tore up the suspension to the tune of $10K, but was lucky that the car didn't flip. Continued to track this car extensively until 2012, when I moved to Poulsbo. Here are some of those happy track days at Pacific Raceways, but my favourite track was Thunderhill in Northern CA.

In the paddock at PR after a long day on the track. Note all the brake dust on my wheels. Was running shaved Toyo RA-1 track tires.

kf_mcoupe_007 copy.jpg

Exiting Turn 9 at speed while running with the A Group (a. k. a. 'the fast guys') at PR. Serious fun.

SILVERMCOUPE1 copy.jpg

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I should hear back around this coming Wednesday. I have mixed thoughts on it. Hoping they can fix it, but I don’t want it if they can’t make it perfectly aligned like it was prior to the accident. I also don’t want to have to spend months looking for a replacement either. Rock and a hard place here.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to hear you are all well; vehicles can just be repaired or replaced.

Have you heard back from the insurance company yet? From the looks of your suspension damage, this could get expensive. Ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

View attachment 11024

This is a pic of my 1999 BMW M Coupe track car after I had an off-track incident in Turn 2 at Spokane Raceway Park in the summer of 2004. Classic case of running out of talent in mid-corner; exited the track surface at approximately 110 mph. Backwards. Tore up the suspension to the tune of $10K, but was lucky that the car didn't flip. Continued to track this car extensively until 2012, when I moved to Poulsbo. Here are some of those happy track days at Pacific Raceways, but my favourite track was Thunderhill in Northern CA.

In the paddock at PR after a long day on the track. Note all the brake dust on my wheels. Was running shaved Toyo RA-1 track tires.

View attachment 11025

Exiting Turn 9 at speed while running with the A Group (a. k. a. 'the fast guys') at PR. Serious fun.

View attachment 11026
That’s a great looking car too

sir_keith

Legendary Member
I should hear back around this coming Wednesday. I have mixed thoughts on it. Hoping they can fix it, but I don’t want it if they can’t make it perfectly aligned like it was prior to the accident. I also don’t want to have to spend months looking for a replacement either. Rock and a hard place here.
Well, all I can say about my experience in repairing something like this is make sure the frame is straight. After we got all the broken suspension pieces fixed on my M Coupe, we still had a big and expensive job ahead of us in getting the frame straight, and if you don't do that right you may as well not have repaired it at all.

What about CarMax or Carvana for a replacement? My next door neighbor just got a vehicle like this that way, and is very pleased with the result.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Well, all I can say about my experience in repairing something like this is make sure the frame is straight. After we got all the broken suspension pieces fixed on my M Coupe, we still had a big and expensive job ahead of us in getting the frame straight, and if you don't do that right you may as well not have repaired it at all.

What about CarMax or Carvana for a replacement? My next door neighbor just got a vehicle like this that way, and is very pleased with the result.
I’ve never looked into them, but I’ll do some research just in case I need it. Thanks for the heads up!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing fancy… was just posting my daily driver
78B48752-3AC2-4767-B2AF-B1FE1CAA7F23.jpeg
2013 Mazda 6 Grand Touring. I think Ive shocked a few people when Ive needed to pass someone or move it along. Nice V6, 3.7L with 272 hp. Zoom, Zoom

40GallonsOfDoom

Bought a new to me 2018 Toyota Tundra TRD off-road 1794 edition on Saturday, and today after picking up my kids from school, an “inattentive” ( I think he may have been texting) uninsured motorist in a Honda mini van side-swiped my truck right into my driver side rear tire. I was at a dead stop waiting to turn right, he was coming toward me when he veered out of his lane and into the middle turn lane. I amView attachment 11016View attachment 11017View attachment 11018View attachment 11019View attachment 11020View attachment 11021 Hoping it isn’t totaled! I’ve definitely had better days, but at least we are all unharmed and healthy.
Aww man, that's the one you were talking about. At least you were all ok.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Had any word back from your insurance yet?

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Had any word back from your insurance yet?
Yes, not totaled…. 10k in damage unless rear axle needs replaced, then 20k in damage but either way, not totaled. The bad news is that they still have two weeks till the parts come in and then a month to get it fixed up.

here’s a pic from this week when I went to get my sons extra school masks out of it….

I did pick up a little Nissan ultima sr rental until the 10th of February then I’ll decide if I want to keep rocking that or drive the land cruiser again….320B43BF-FCC6-4734-AA4B-A23C27ABE320.jpegF9049617-341D-458E-8689-85995B308708.jpeg3A744D11-443B-4E99-B858-F947F0E7E9DC.jpeg

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I typically do all my own work but with this I went against my conscience and let the dealership screw it up. I have the Honda service manual so I know how to but I don't have a press. The stem for the water pump should be protruding 25mm past the case and the bearing should of course be flush with the case. All looked correct but when I started the bike I was greeted with an awful screech from the water pump. Here is what I found.
Bearing 2.4mm out of flush
Stem 21.4mm instead of 25mm

Now to visit the dealer who screwed it and see what they will do to make it right.PXL_20220212_165919035.jpg
This is the water pump cover that the impeller was grinding on!!
PXL_20220212_165923137.jpg