What did you do with your tank(s) today?

Madness

Staff member
Lights come on in 4 minutes so I am headed out there and I will be building the stand in the corner of the fish room to house 3 x 90 gallon tanks ( 48"x24"x18") stacked. I have some drain lines that need relocated and added, my water fill piping needs relocated and rerouted as well. Oh and I'll probably be doing a full room WC as well :)

Welp it took me 4 minutes to type this, lights are on now, time to get moving.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Today I ran to Martin Henry’s to pick up some ramshorn for my fahaka puffer and then AP for two fake plants for my multi tank and two bosmani rainbow fish for the living room 75 ( to add to my others).

I also did a water change and light gravel vac on my living room 75, removed to two “murder beans” as fishguy1978 calls them then also did a water change and gravel vac on the bedroom 75 multi tank ( also added the two fake plants ( they kept digging up my live plants then my filter would suck them up).

pics coming soon.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Spent morning doing water changes to garage tanks. Thinking of some stock changes... trying to figure out what to add to my community tank. It has enough bottom feeders, needs something mid to upper level. Maybe live bearers or another gourami...

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Spent morning doing water changes to garage tanks. Thinking of some stock changes... trying to figure out what to add to my community tank. It has enough bottom feeders, needs something mid to upper level. Maybe live bearers or another gourami...
I just added some rainbows and I’m happy with them! Different body shape and also unique color. I added two bosmani and 1 yellow red tailed one... I’d like to find a couple of the red irian rainbows to go with them... it’s either that or a school of Congo tetras

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I like the idea of rainbows, I had them in the past... with my Bumblebee Oscar! He never bothered them or even tried to eat them. They were just the regular types that Petsmart carried for like $2 a pop but they were active and outgoing fish. I liked them a lot. I think the mix of rainbows would look good in your tank.

Last edited:

Madness

Staff member

I've got a huge bifa available :)

sir_keith

Legendary Member
My Ophthalmotilapia nasuta Kipili Gold WC Female #2 released 5 fry today on her 27th day of brooding. She had 15 fry last time, and Female #1 had 5, so I now have 25 Kipili Gold fry, the makings of two nice F1 colonies. Here's a family photo; the new ones are the small fishes near the surface. The larger juvies don't fuss with the little ones, so they can all be raised together, which is nice. These are in a 55, so they can stay there for quite a while.

IMG_2022.jpg

Last edited:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
My favorite angel laid eggs again on the Aquaclear intake tube. The other angel then eats them. The two lip lock as she tries to protect them and then there comes the point where she gives up and then they all get ate. I know if I had a male for her, I would be up to my eyeballs in baby angels, since she has laid multiple times now with no male to fertilize.

Tank

Hey guys I started this video specifically for wafishbox What did you do with your tanks today section and then I realized that I couldn't upload it without a link so I redid it and will probly just share with everyone but here is the before garbage tour! Haha you'll get the nice tour when it's done. (again lol) My YT channel doesn't have much just some videos of a few old fish. Enjoy!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Water changes today on the 300, 90 trimac tank and 46 bowfront.

Been doing some serious consideration for stock change. I think of my hiders and lurkers like the arrowhead puffer and Raphael cats that dont do much. The cats are not as much of an issue since they are community friendly but the puffer with a dedicated tank is a bit much at the moment. If the arrowhead were to go I could open up something as a growout for a future project.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Water changes today on the 300, 90 trimac tank and 46 bowfront.

Been doing some serious consideration for stock change. I think of my hiders and lurkers like the arrowhead puffer and Raphael cats that dont do much. The cats are not as much of an issue since they are community friendly but the puffer with a dedicated tank is a bit much at the moment. If the arrowhead were to go I could open up something as a growout for a future project.
:whistle