What did you do with your tank(s) today?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Been feeding ‘treat’ foods to the 65B community to get the Raphael catfish looking better. Im doing some night feedings with these frozen foods like bloodworms, brine shrimp and mysis shrimp so hopefully it puts on weight, its so skinny.

Madness

Staff member
Water change day yesterday. Plus it was also picture day. :) oh and new arrival day. Im missing something, oh yes, it was also begin designing and building new stand for new tank day.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Water change/gravel vac on the 300 and 90g RTM growout tank. These are both my highest work to maintain tanks. The 300 because of the high stock and the 90g due to cleaning up after a big pooping pleco. Decided on no more big plecos, lol. What I have is going to be all... which includes a L001 growing up with the big rhino.

Still working on the Raphael cat fattening up. It loves frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms but not taken a shine to mysis shrimp. This is totally fine since the mysis is very expensive compared to the other two.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
A bit slow today so I took a drive to Olympia to visit PetWorks and Petco. Was looking for Mopani wood to finish up some aqua-scapes. Did not find anything I wanted. In fact the Jumbo Zoo Med Mopani piece at PetWorks was the same one that's been there for over a month. I don't think they carry but one jumbo piece at a time. Last couple visits I bought the jumbo and a new one came in right away. Someone needs to buy the one I don't want, lol. Petco was also pretty wiped out too.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I moved about 8 red cherry shrimp into the cube with the BNP fry. I built a sled for my table saw so that when cutting small pieces for projects I don't have to get my fingers close to the blade. I have the overflow box out of one of the acrylic tanks I cut up and used the sled to trim down the material that I left in place so that I could cut it down true. The box measures at just over 23in tall and I have the 100g, cube, and the 260g that are all candidates for its use.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
I was going through old pictures on an external hd and found this picture of my 65g from 2007.

Well, as long as we're going through the archives, here's a pic of my fish room in 2006. This was at my former home on Mercer Island; as you can see, at that time I was keeping both Neotropical and African cichlids. The other side of the fish room had another bank of tanks that looked similar, but those tanks were occupied exclusively by Tropheus, who eventually took over the whole fish room. :)

IMG_2111.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Okay I decided to look at old pics too, lol.

This was my first "upgrade". The 65B was my getting back into the hobby after about a 20 year absence. In front of it was the new tank (120g, 5ft tank) for my growing midas in the 65B. Picture taken in 2010, probably got the 65B in 2009.
DSC00518.JPG
Then came the next up upgrade a year or so later, my 210 gallon
210g_wood.JPG

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
My Raphael cat is doing better. Its eating well now and its sunken belly is starting to fill out. I took a piece of Mopani and drilled out some holes in it to act as caves. The one at the bottom is perfect and the cat can rest there away from the other cat. Not that the two fight or anything but I think they needed their own hiding spots.
IMG_20210130_143224867.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Early morning gravel vac/water change on the 300 gallon. I need to make time to clean out one of the three FX6 canisters on this beast. For how stocked this tank is and the aggressive nature of the fish in it, it is a pretty smooth running tank. Seems most of my issues are still with my trimac who seems to need fish counseling. Seems no matter what I do it just is not an interactive or interesting fish. Puffers, rtm/red devil growouts, plecos, and community tanks are all doing well.