Thinking ahead. Secret Santa?

A

Anonymous

Aquarium Co-Op said:
Could be in the mail. Shipping has been brutally slow and delayed for me at the shop. My wholesalers won't even ship fish until after the 6th.
 :iagree: .oO Shipping UPS has been horrible at my store as well. They are totally overwhelmed.

We sent a package the Friday b4 Christmas & they told us it wouldn't get to destination until the Friday AFTER at the soOnist.

cichlid-gal

Madness said:
Has anyone else received their gift?  
Not here either...but its all good.  I enjoyed being a secret santa and if my secret santa is reading this and has not been able to ship for whatever reason I totally understand.  You can get me some time during the year or next year and really surprise me.  Have a great new year and don't fret it.  Life is good.

:santa: :rendeer: :santa: :rendeer: :santa: :rendeer: :santa: :rendeer: :santa: :rendeer: :santa: :rendeer: :santa: :rendeer: :santa: 

A

Anonymous

OMG Santa Madness sent live fish, AND a robot, lol- awesome!

Anyone else?!

Madness

Staff member
Looks awesome Morgan. :)

I have a feeling that not everyone followed through.  :suspect: 

cichlid-gal

Opening my mailbox yesterday I found a package which contained a really cute stuffed betta. I can't imagine who else would send me one of these through the mail so THANK YOU Secret Santa for the cute fishy stuffie. My grandchildren were totally intriged as was my dog. Its the combo of those two that I have to watch out for or stuffie will become un-stuffie very quickly. Thanks again  :santa: 

cichlid-gal said:
Opening my mailbox yesterday I found a package which contained a really cute stuffed betta.  I can't imagine who else would send me one of these through the mail so THANK YOU Secret Santa for the cute fishy stuffie.  My grandchildren were totally intriged as was my dog.  Its the combo of those two that I have to watch out for or stuffie will become un-stuffie very quickly.  Thanks again  :santa: 
Post pictures  :rendeer: :santa: 

or else i will  :p

Madness

Staff member
Cory this was a great idea and shows how good people are and how bad people are.

Those of you that committed and followed through, were able to see the enjoyment from those you gave a gift to, priceless. The day that I picked up my gift for Morgan I also helped out 3 other individuals that day. It felt wonderful and kept me smiling the entire day.

But it is unfortunate that there are people out there that see this is an opportunity to get something with no intention on contributing themselves. I hate to be harsh, and I would be in the right frame of mind by saying these people will be going to #$@%, and that is unfortunate. But we all know that these type of people exist. If you dont feel that its in your best interest to buy a gift or give something to someone, then dont, but dont get involved and dont except something as if you are and then lie about why you didnt participate.

I say this because we (wafishbox) had an individual here (younger member) want to be involved in this, but really had no intention on participating, which is a shame. This individual was my secret Santa. I am not upset because I didnt receive anything, I am upset for the individual I was going to donate that gift to, and I am upset because this member thought that it was necessary to lie to me as to why I didnt receive my gift. It is unfortunate that this ex-member is this way at such a young age, I only pray that he sees the light and changes his ways. I wished him well, and also told him that he should get to know Karma a little better, because if he keeps this up Karma is going to be a guppy and always hold him down.

By the way, he is an ex-member because once I fronted him about his lies, he quickly deleted his account.

I say this and bring it out into the open for a few reasons. Thank you to those that participated, it felt good didnt it? And to those of you that still think and do things like this ex-member, it gets you no where, you will always be wandering why things bad happen to you, change the way you think now before you are not able. I am a strong believer in Karma, in fact I use to think the same way as this ex-member, I did things like this and I was always running into road blocks in life. I changed my way of thinking, believing, and treating about 5 years ago, and I no longer have Karma's number. Or should I say, "they no longer have mine".

Lets do this again in 2014 Cory, hopefully we can get more people involved this time. :D

MorganEA

Im sorry that happened Madness :( I hope we can do this again next year I really enjoyed picking something out knowing it would bring a smile to someone's face.

KaraWolf

I hope we do it again next year because as much as I wanted to participate this year I didn't want to end up not being able to get something for someone else. And so I didn't put myself on the list. But am looking forward to doing this next year. Sad that someone didn't follow through and send on the gift giving!

A

Anonymous

Maybe no fry status to participate till meets the fish regular status.

A

Anonymous

:afro: .oO I'll participate neXt year if y'all do it again. I really enjoyed following this thread. And y'all exchanged some neatO stuff.

This was a fun event, and it's really sad to believe that there are people there that would take advantage of situations like this.

I was lucky to have Cory as my recipient, so I didn't have to worry about my present getting lost in the mail, because I could just easily hand it to him whenever I went to work. =P

Next year, next year will be fun. :D