Stock change, what was I thinking? More bichirs

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
@lloyd378, been there. Sorry to hear that. I loved how serpentine that palmas palmas looked. The gold dust also had such cool yellow.

I lost a koliba lap that came in on a Friday and jumped on that Sunday... $185 gone in a moment! Bichir can be quite the jumpers

Need to fill the void? I might be selling the teugelsi soon....
I get paid Tuesday haha

FishBeast

Crazy news to report today.... the two WC bichirs I bought from you months and months back both decided to jump out of the tank and dry up..... I still have the delhizi but I'm super bummed about the other two as I didn't think they could get out with 2-3" of space on top of the tank and lids around it.... they either got out of a circle not much bigger then their diameter, up the small space where the ac110 is, or managed to hit the plexiglass too hard enough to slither up and under it.....
my wife came into the bedroom and found them shriveled up. Needless to say, she was stoked about dead fish on the floor.

The palmas was 13.5" the gold dust 11.5

So much for keeping them healthy with the big water change yesterday.....
Oh no!! :( :( Sorry about that.

FishBeast

@lloyd378, been there. Sorry to hear that. I loved how serpentine that palmas palmas looked. The gold dust also had such cool yellow.

I lost a koliba lap that came in on a Friday and jumped on that Sunday... $185 gone in a moment! Bichir can be quite the jumpers

Need to fill the void? I might be selling the teugelsi soon....
Oh wow... I better weigh down these lids when my polys get bigger...

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Oh wow... I better weigh down these lids when my polys get bigger...
Make sure the lids are tight fitting. Even the smallest extra hole in the little plastic back strip on the lid can be an escape hole. And weighing down the top is a good idea.

I had a wonderful wild caught Koliba lap. and it managed to pop open the top of the 75g QT tank and die. That 75g did have pretty thin glass and was not as much effort to get out. So weigh down the lid too!

This was the one I lost. What is so special about this on was that this coloration was while it was still in QT! This was like day 2 of having it. Nice olive green with tall finlets made for a good looking koliba lap.

It came in on a Friday and had jumped that weekend on Sunday night. $185 down the toilet!

FishBeast

Make sure the lids are tight fitting. Even the smallest extra hole in the little plastic back strip on the lid can be an escape hole. And weighing down the top is a good idea.

I had a wonderful wild caught Koliba lap. and it managed to pop open the top of the 75g QT tank and die. That 75g did have pretty thin glass and was not as much effort to get out. So weigh down the lid too!

This was the one I lost. What is so special about this on was that this coloration was while it was still in QT! This was like day 2 of having it. Nice olive green with tall finlets made for a good looking koliba lap.

It came in on a Friday and had jumped that weekend on Sunday night. $185 down the toilet!
Oh man, it was a beauty. And the price! :( :( I see the abrasions on the gill plates... Looks like it really power rammed that lid!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Oh man, it was a beauty. And the price! :( :( I see the abrasions on the gill plates... Looks like it really power rammed that lid!
Tank was in the garage at the time so it landed on the concrete and it was all the way across the two car garage!

Yeah, the larger WC are pricy. A bit better if you can get them in a 9"-10" range. But in my case that would be too small to introduce with my bigger poly and I have no more grow out tank. :(

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Had some pics that I wanted to add. These were shot with a Sony point and shoot and look so much better than my phone pics. I now keep this camera by the tank to capture the moments much better now.

I really need to get a new phone with a better camera. The cheap point and shoot does so much better.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
This is a horrible phone picture but I had to post it for a reason... my bad estimates of fish size

On the left is my Ansorgii who was up against the glass so I know it to be a true 15". The fish on the right is my weeksii that I swore has not grown and is maybe 13 1/2". So notice that the weeksii is obviously longer than the ansorgii? lol So my guesstimates are always too short! The weeksii has to be an easy 16"+

This said, I thought the teugelsi was only 12" and finally got a true measurement at 13 1/4" to 13 3/8". @lloyd378, have been busy but if you still are interested in the teug. let me know. You can just text me when you get a chance.

FishBeast

Had some pics that I wanted to add. These were shot with a Sony point and shoot and look so much better than my phone pics. I now keep this camera by the tank to capture the moments much better now.

I really need to get a new phone with a better camera. The cheap point and shoot does so much better.
Oh man, you are really making me want a pearsei. I LOVE PORKCHOP!!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Oh man, you are really making me want a pearsei. I LOVE PORKCHOP!!
Everyone says they want a pearsei until they own a pearsei, lol. Bottomless pits for about two years and then they start to mellow and become 'normal'

Betty

Staff member
The camera loves Porkchop. It looks like she's holding still and posing.

I know I say this all the time, but your tank is so clean! I don't understand. No algae, no poop, no bubbles!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

I know I say this all the time, but your tank is so clean! I don't understand. No algae, no poop, no bubbles!
lol, the tank really does get dirty. I tried to potty train them but it just didnt work.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say

I always notice that too. Cleanest monster fish tanks in the universe, I think. They even make my little endler tank look like crap and I am ON IT with that tank. lol