Stock change, what was I thinking? More bichirs

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Gorgeous! If you want better shots with your phone, you can turn off all the lights except for the tank light to increase contrast. I also increase saturation after taking the photo but if you have an android you may even be able to do that pre-shot!
I have an older Motorola (android) which is known to have a lame camera. I really need to upgrade it.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
The big endli decided to pop its head out.

Hard to tell from the pic but the endli has a lot of size and mass on the lap. The endli is currently 18" and the lap is about 14.5" - 15".

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
They're so cute. Cuddly even.
I like lizards and snakes too so snuggling up with one of these wouldn't be such a stretch for me.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
A real update!

Nom Nom the ansorgii came out to check things out.

Last edited:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
ROFLMAO @ that name. Nom Nom. It's perfect.
The main reason Nom Nom got his name.... notice a resemblence to a childhood 'monster'?

When it was younger the ansorgii ate like Cookie Monster, 'nom, nom cookie.'

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 3446

DMD.... I don't think you're feeding yours enough..... just saying

Haha
Slowly getting there!

My Dabola Endli (Tinkisso river) is now 18". The Koliba lap about 16", Faranah Guinea lap 15", ansorgii 15", weeksii 13.5", teugelsi 12"

The Faranah Guinea lap looks shorter due to camera angle and that it has its tail curled a little but it is 15"

The ansorgii decided to pop in while I was taking pics

Hard to hold tape in one hand and phone in the other, so bad camera angle. Ansorgii is also officially 15"

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Slowly getting there!

My Dabola Endli (Tinkisso river) is now 18". The Koliba lap about 16", Faranah Guinea lap 15", ansorgii 15", weeksii 13.5", teugelsi 12"

The Faranah Guinea lap looks shorter due to camera angle and that it has its tail curled a little but it is 15"

Hard to hold tape in one hand and phone in the other, so bad camera angle. Ansorgii is also officially 15"
The teug is too small, better sell it to me. Haha

FishBeast

Slowly getting there!

Nice healthy fish! Love how the ansorgii gets in front of the lap as if it knew it was measuring time!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Update time

A couple pics of Croc the Dabola endli

Hulk the Faranah Guinea lap

Nessie the weeksii

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have favorites? Looks, personality, etc.
They are not as interactive as cichlids, so Porkchop remains my absolute favorite in this tank and for personality the little puffer would be next. As to the bichir, the ansorgii just has a calmness and is out and about all the time but for sheer "awe" the endli is pretty special when it decides to come out and swim around.... very tough to say my absolute favorite but if I could only keep one then it would be the endli.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Crazy news to report today.... the two WC bichirs I bought from you months and months back both decided to jump out of the tank and dry up..... I still have the delhizi but I'm super bummed about the other two as I didn't think they could get out with 2-3" of space on top of the tank and lids around it.... they either got out of a circle not much bigger then their diameter, up the small space where the ac110 is, or managed to hit the plexiglass too hard enough to slither up and under it.....
my wife came into the bedroom and found them shriveled up. Needless to say, she was stoked about dead fish on the floor.

The palmas was 13.5" the gold dust 11.5

So much for keeping them healthy with the big water change yesterday.....

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
@lloyd378, been there. Sorry to hear that. I loved how serpentine that palmas palmas looked. The gold dust also had such cool yellow.

I lost a koliba lap that came in on a Friday and jumped on that Sunday... $185 gone in a moment! Bichir can be quite the jumpers

Need to fill the void? I might be selling the teugelsi soon....