My catfish

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I moved the three Akysis prashadi to the pea puffer 29g so that the c. eques tank will be S. American.The 2 parrot doradids are in with the eques. I still need to catch the kooli loach.
Careful hand catching catfish. One of the a. Prashadi stung me and my finger throbbed for a bit.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Doing water changes and filter cleanings so I caught all nine Centromochlus musaicus to sex. 5 males and 4 females. Moved three of the males to other tanks as I noticed torn fins.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
My F1 eques spawned either yesterday evening or very early this morning. I leave my tanks unheated during the summer so they have had a 3mo cool period. Saturday I did a 50% water change with cool water and turned the heaters back on. Yesterday, the male were chasing the females and moving into a T position but I didn’t notice the females being receptive. I feed Ken’s .5mm green fry feed normally with occasional live black worms, frozen blood worms and fresh water krill.
I removed 6 eggs but there is a large mat of Java moss that they spawned in and I’m not going to remove that. Tank includes two parrot dorradids and a small school of harlequin rasboras.
Swordtail is two tanks over. Closest is the eques tank.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I was super excited to pick up 5 more B splendens Tuesday but when I added them to the tank and got a closer look, nope. The are C aeneus so I called Petco and talked with Dan the fishguy. He offered to let me return them but I will keep them. He did confirm that the order he received did come in miss identified :mad:. He keeps 14 different cory sp in his 125g so he does know his corys. D8D39FC7-ACF6-4F93-BA5B-DB54A1397BDC.jpeg

Last edited:

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Sitting and observing my Tatia intermedia during feeding. One male has darkened and lost the honeycomb/spotting pattern. Also of note is that the tail pattern changed too. He doesn’t have the vertical wavy bar, just dots. The female has retained her pattern and bar on the tail.
Female
57242166-95DE-45EA-9C4A-B7246930A31A.jpeg
Female’s tail71254DE1-0CC6-4BEB-A90E-09DE6F9A7B93.jpegMale4806B05F-2594-4B29-BD10-EEAD6EF3F3BD.jpeg
Male’s tailA102DC14-E158-410B-BD03-CAE26956FB99.jpeg