Geophagus sp.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Hatch day for the 3rd spawn and move day for spawn #1. I have moved the fry hatchery down to the sump and rigged a small light so the guppy grass and susswassertang will keep growing. Need to make a decision on the 3rd batch to keep or leave for food.PXL_20210510_155056861.jpgPXL_20210510_155859765.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Tough call on whether to keep or not. Seems like a fish that would be good trade for store credit somewhere.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I gave away 5 of batch #1 today. They went to a hobbyist up in Everett who had given me redhead tapajo fry.
Batch #4 are to the wiggler stage. :whistle

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
The wood in this tank is all madrona some of it I have been holding on to for 3yrs waiting for the time I would have a tank big enough to use it in.
PXL_20210609_020952771.jpg

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Juveniles are putting on some size and hoping to see a growth spurt with the continuous water change. I'm probably jumping the gun but some of the juveniles are over 1in and since only the chocolate appears to be interested in the guppies...are the survival chances of some larger fry good?
PXL_20210616_030557141.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
WOW, I hadnt realized they had got so big already!

That seems like a size that would appeal to most stores to sell. Any interest from the LFS for them?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I guess at 2-3" they start to show a bit more pattern and color so would be much more appealing. They are such cool looking fish as adults, especially the males. Would love to have some but just wouldnt work with my current stock, being that these guys have a much better demeaner than what I have.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I guess at 2-3" they start to show a bit more pattern and color so would be much more appealing. They are such cool looking fish as adults, especially the males. Would love to have some but just wouldnt work with my current stock, being that these guys have a much better demeaner than what I have.
A trio of males would work in the 300 :cool:

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
At some point in the future, I’d also like to try these… maybe a couple ( same sex) in my 75g planted tank