Boring, Dull, African fish...

bassetman

My Mbunas are doing fine as well... in a dull boring way.
DSC_5493.jpg
[/img]
DSC_5059.jpg
[/img]
DSC_4934.jpg
[/img]
DSC_4861.jpg
[/img]

gobluecichlids

fishloverRon said:
As I am jumping back into this hobby, it amazes me how many more species have been introduced.
these neat species are out there and seen plenty of nice ones while I lived out east, we haven't been able to introduce many to the Seattle area. I am one of the few who had experienced a good number of uncommon ones. Some I won't get again and some I still look for.... like these below:

elong_mphanga.jpg

membe_deep1.jpg

eureka_wetthumb.jpg

chewere11.jpg

gome1.jpg

steveni_imperial3.jpg

aca_lwanda.jpg

fireblue1.jpg

019-3.jpg

bassetman

I'll find it somewhere. I am getting some more to fill out my tanks. but first I have to sell abot 40 fry, all Auratus .

larry.beck

Anything in particular you're looking for? Several of us in the area breed and may have what you need, or know where you can find it in the LFS.

bassetman

Bumble bee and flavus, red top trewasse. also a couple each of the pics 1 and 4 , abouy 10-15 all together. I can trade fry, I also have Kigoma frontosa fry about an inch long.

JimA

I will have to admit that mine are pretty cookie cutter mix. What I really want to add in there is a small group 2 male 4 or 5 female Afra white top hara's anyone run across some of those on here or know much about them?
I have found them on aqua bid here and there just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

gobluecichlids

JimA said:
I will have to admit that mine are pretty cookie cutter mix. What I really want to add in there is a small group 2 male 4 or 5 female Afra white top hara's anyone run across some of those on here or know much about them?
I have found them on aqua bid here and there just haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Larry carry these afra white top haras. I used to have them and they are nice. However get at least a dozen juvies and grow em out. should take about 8 month to adult sizes, then thin some males out. I started out with 20 of em and established a nice colony.

Spyral

JimA said:
96423fb4.jpg

You should pull the trigger, JimA, you really should!

me

Rick said:
I have never kept cichlids but when I see such a nice tank like your Jim I sure start thinking about trying. I realy like the color and that back ground is great.

Rick

Have to chime in, Rick do you realize Angel Fish are Cichlids? ;)