Aquarium Co-Op a new store in the making.....

Anthraxx

i must say i really like that logo. also hoping the website is top notch. (really tired of scouting out places with out of date websites) any chance youve got a list of species you can get in stock? im after some new african cichlids for a soon to be empty tank. would rather buy local if i can help it.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Anthraxx. If you signed up for my newsletter you'd see a stock list of what is available. Content from Aquarium Co-Op will always be released first on the email newsletter.

It's been like 4 days so I'll release one of my wholesale lists.

No prices on this list. But it shows what I could this week etc.

http://www.cichlidexchange.com/index.php/fishlist

As for the website. I think it'll be something everyone will enjoy. It hasn't launched yet as I need to fill in picture from the store etc.

This website here is similar to what I have going for Aquarium Co-Op.

http://greenleafaquariums.com/

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
An update in the mail today on the plumbing permit. A letter stating they are currently reviewing the permit and drawing of plumbing work.....

So I guess I just sit and wait longer. Looks like I might be able to make it to the SWAP at this rate :)

A

Anonymous

Aquarium Co-Op said:
I'm shooting for the 1st. If the city of Edmonds will allow it. Still waiting for different inspectors to come through. I'm hoping the fire marshal will be through tomorrow as he'll be just a few doors down inspecting someone else.

Today I'll be putting tanks on the stand and filling with water etc. Over the next few days they should be fully operational. Still need to make the tops, and then transport the sponges from my house to the shop while keeping them wet as they are already seeded with bacteria. Still need to run the airline manifold through a few walls on the other side of the room. Then air will be pumping into the tanks. Should only be a few more days before I start putting fish in here. Need to get the temp/fans adjusted right to make sure the temp is regulated correctly before stocking too much.
Its the 1st!! How's it going? :D

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Well the city won't let me open yet. However I did get a plumbing inspection scheduled for Monday finally. It has taken a month to get the plumbing permit.

I've started picking up fish from local breeders.

In the shop right now:
Glass Belly Guppies
Longfin White Clouds
Gold Longfin White Clouds
Albino Axolotls
Apisto. Kelleri
Corydoras Sterbai
Albino Corydoras Sterbai
Odessa barbs
Montezuma Swordtails
Multifaciatus Shelldwellers
Glass Catfish

Best part is, everything except the glass catfish is locally bred. So no harming the environment to get these great beautiful fish. Not to mention they're already acclimated to our northwest water and disease free!

Since I'm not open yet, perhaps I'll have to take some pictures to share :D

A

Anonymous

:afro: .oO We like pictures!!

Im interested in seeing the Apisto. Kelleri. Males and females if you have them... Im still on the hunt for interesting plants that will thrive in my 140...

cichlid-gal

Thank you for subscribing!

Cory...don't sweat the opening...it will happen and when it does you are going to overrun with fish enthusiasts that are just waiting for a great store to open near them...maybe I can talk you into opening a branch on the East side.

Hang tight and hold on!!!!!

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
cichlid-gal said:
Thank you for subscribing!

Cory...don't sweat the opening...it will happen and when it does you are going to overrun with fish enthusiasts that are just waiting for a great store to open near them...maybe I can talk you into opening a branch on the East side.

Hang tight and hold on!!!!!
Maybe I can talk you into a long drive :p

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
So heres a picture bomb from some photos I took tonight at the shop.

DSC_0204_zps9818eca4.jpg

DSC_0269_zps282c9071.jpg

DSC_0268_zpsed5edca0.jpg

DSC_0267_zpsba4eb6f4.jpg

DSC_0255_zpsde4e58f5.jpg

DSC_0253_zps4eddb155.jpg

DSC_0252_zps8f5ff21a.jpg

DSC_0246_zps4598905a.jpg

DSC_0243_zpsc53b107c.jpg

DSC_0241_zpscf863f8b.jpg

DSC_0240_zps14e202b1.jpg

DSC_0228_zpsa466ad1b.jpg

DSC_0213_zps64f60ddd.jpg

DSC_0210_zps9ae33958.jpg

DSC_0208_zps5b9828f4.jpg

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Well it took 31 days to get a plumbing permit issued. Now I have a plumbing inspection on Monday. I'm hoping it goes fast after that.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
once I pass that, then fire mashal and police walk through... Then business license :)