Aquarium Co-Op a new store in the making.....

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I've got the keys to the new Aquarium Co-Op space.

9661 Firdale Avenue
Edmonds, WA 98020

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Most like be buying them Feb 1st. Depends on if I can get my plumber and electrician in there during the holidays...

A

Anonymous

NeatO. I make deliveries in that area every Tuesday. There is a mini mart right there with small stores on the back side. Are you in there?

A

Anonymous

Sweet! Looks like I'll have a new lunch stop place on my Edmonds route.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I'm hoping for a soft open on Feb 1st. Grand opening April 5th. It depends on how orders get filled etc. To open the 1st I'll need to obtain a lot of fish from local breeders probably. As I dont know how many tanks I'll be able to fill with rare healthy fish in a month :D

Just spent $175 on bulkheads this morning. Once I'm done with breakfast, it's time to drive in the snow and get to work.

Also ordered an additional 2 glass hole saws. Don't want the ones I have to go dull before done drilling etc. Nothing is worse than having production stop over $26 worth of parts.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Bulkheads came in the mail today , and my couple extra hole saws. Got a full 9 hours in of work yesterday. No more building work until Wednesday :(

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Did some more fishy business stuff today. Drug some fish back with me.
Neon Tetras $1.50
Assassin Snails $3
Hasbrosus Corydoras $2
Pea Puffers $4
Christmas Moss on mesh $10
Taiwan Moss on Mesh $10
Live Brine Shrimp $2.50 per portion.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Ordered up Fios internet for the store today with phone service. Wont be installed until the 16th. Also switched PUD into my name today.

Got a quote for $1800 for the electrical work I want done. Tuesday the Plumbing should be finished. Electrical starts on Friday.

Sales counter top finished today. 2 doors finished today. Primer put up in the room where we removed a wall.

Ipad square point of sale system arrived. $800.

Spent roughly $700 in materials in the last week. 2x4s, screws, 3 ceiling fans etc. Was my first time ever spending over $100 on nothing but different types of screws/bolts for concrete, wood to metal etc.

Madness

Staff member
How about a couple pictures of the store and the work going on? It would be cool to see it progress. OH, and I know an electrician that is cheap. ;)

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Time for a photo bomb. All these pictures are from last week/Christmas week. Haven't taken any this week yet.

First is a shot from the front door.
622526_513247168715364_1299307031_o.jpg

Next is a shot of one of the rooms where I decided there needed to be a hole in that wall.

P1020523.jpg

Behind that wall was a wall room divider. It was sheet rocked in, but snapped a pic when it was down to studs.
339386_513252255381522_706900717_o.jpg

This is the pile of screws from taking down just that wall.
P1020529.jpg

Here is a pic of the floor/where the stud wall was.
P1020526.jpg

Here is a shot of the hole in the wall getting prepped for a sales counter.

P1020524.jpg

Here is a door to another unit that has been sealed. In pics I take this week you'll see we covered it up and primer it so far.
P1020525.jpg

Here's a pic of what's behind the rooms back by the bathroom. Needs some work.
P1020518.jpg

Here is a shot from the back bathroom looking towards the front door.

P1020527.jpg

Here is a shot of the heater I'm gonna use to heat the place. 4000 watts.
P1020530.jpg

Lastly here is a pic of live brine shrimp I got from the wholesaler to feed my fish and will be available at my store for sale when it's open. Pic is of a full fish shipping styro full. Retail price of $99 in brine shrimp. My fish are spoiled :)
P1020537.jpg

Anthraxx

really starting to come together. last time i got this excited for a store opening, ace hardware set up shop literally across the street from me (god is it awesome having a hardware store within 100ft of my door :p ) cant wait to drop in after work one monday :)

JimA

Nice, but you should re-think the heat source at some piont. Maybe a ductless system once you get established..