Aquarium Co-Op a new store in the making.....

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I think what's taking so long is doing EVERYTHING different than a normal store. We're redesigning about every aspect. Planning to this point has been over a year. I could literally slap a store together tomorrow.

You'd walk in and just say yep, it's another fish store. I want you to come in, and realize this is the only fish store you'll ever need to come back too. Now for you Madness that might not happen, as your line of fish is about the oposite of what makes sense for a store. However I would hope I can take care of your dry good needs without having to shop online to get a good price.

As well as tracking stuff down for you. It's not hard to order in a random fish and have it sit in a 10 gallon. It is a pain for most store to order in a fish and mix it in with something else... Always the possibility of illness, fighting etc.

Sometimes it's hard to sleep thinking about the options I have.. A bank of 20 tanks. Each one has a different type of pleco in it.. etc.

Current layout with 10 gallons lets me have tanks stacked 4 high.. which most stores can only do 3 since they're using 20gs. So with tanks on end. I can fit TWENTY 10 gallon tanks. Where they put 6 20 gallon tanks.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Aquarium Co-Op said:
It is a pain for most store to order in a fish and mix it in with something else... Always the possibility of illness, fighting etc.
:iagree: I really like your idea of more tanks, and being able to separate out the different fish.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Just ordered pleco and apisto caves. Should be here in a couple of days. Once they're here I'll take pictures and post them to the sponsor forum.

While talking to a breeder yesterday, I came up with a statement I think will be true to my store almost always.

"I'm only interested in aquarium fish that can potentially live in a planted tank." I think that will hold true, as most of the things I'm avoiding from the store will be big, aggressive, excessive plant eaters etc.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
My first fish shipment came in yesterday.

Can be viewed here. http://www.wafishbox.com/t6426-fish-snails-are-in-12-7-2012

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Pleco and cichlid cave order is in!

http://www.wafishbox.com/t6427-ceramic-caves-are-in-12-7-2012#58906

Anthraxx

so cory i hear you may have some bread and butter species up for sale soon. just curious as im after some cories (not sure which species yet) and some glass catfish. perhaps even a neat pleco idk tho. anyways get back to me if this is doable for ya. thanks and have a great day

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I've got glass cats in stock and panda and sterbai corydoras. Just let me know what you're looking for and I can probably track it down. Check out my sponsor forum for what else I have in stock.

Salzabar

I just jumped on after a being gone for over a year and I see Cory moving on from Conway. Good luck to you sir. Once you have your storefront I will be sure to pay a visit.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks :) Spent most of the day in emails and searching retail locations.

catfish2012

I live in north Everett can't wait. If you need a helping hand I haves a full size truck with full size bed. Your living my dream can't wait to have a store close. :cheers:

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Checked out a location in Edmonds yesterday. Looked VERY good. With luck I will sign a lease there. But I continue looking at other spots as well as you never know what opens up all the time.

Also on Friday, I'll be at the grand opening of Oceans by Design in Tukwila. Come check out this new store. It's saltwater only, but they make custom aquariums! You can also say hi to me as I'll be hanging out meeting people while I'm down there.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Found a new location that is absolutely perfect. Tomorrow we will see if we can work out the terms and sign something.

As for costs. Spent another $8 today printing my own credit score to have on file forlease negotiations.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Got another walk through and now the meeting is rescheduled to Tuesday. Was sitting outside counting cars in the parking lot etc today.