210 Gallon Tank

Madness

Staff member
Re: 210 Gallon Tank

Zerc said:
If you really like Jacks you could try a blue JD, they are a lot more mellow than the standard ones.
But EBJD are very tepermental. I mean the water has to be perfect, and they stress and get sick very easily. So sharing a tank with dirty Oscars, EBJD would not be a good idea.

You have plenty of room in that tank to add some fish. Stop over analyzing and just pick your fish. I have the exact same tank and I have in it 1 x RTM 12", 2 x RTM 11", 1 x Freddie 11", 3 x Freddie 8", 2 x Cuban 4", 1 x Strigata Pike 10", 3 x Blythe Loaches 4", and I just removed a 12" male Festae.

You have the room, fill the tank and enjoy.

Jantilla

madness said:
Zerc said:
If you really like Jacks you could try a blue JD, they are a lot more mellow than the standard ones.
But EBJD are very tepermental. I mean the water has to be perfect, and they stress and get sick very easily. So sharing a tank with dirty Oscars, EBJD would not be a good idea.

You have plenty of room in that tank to add some fish. Stop over analyzing and just pick your fish. I have the exact same tank and I have in it 1 x RTM 12", 2 x RTM 11", 1 x Freddie 11", 3 x Freddie 8", 2 x Cuban 4", 1 x Strigata Pike 10", 3 x Blythe Loaches 4", and I just removed a 12" male Festae.

You have the room, fill the tank and enjoy.
Well I'm trying to find out what fish I can have. I have thought of a few that people say won't work. I may just stick to the fish I have. At least they will have a ton of room.

sandnuka

I honestly think if you get younger jacks, a even a texas cichlid, and they grow with the oscars in that size tank, everyone would be happy..... just dont go out and grab a mature one that lived alone in a tank.... or that idea of goin to the pet shop with some mixed in with oscars... grab a couple of those, if it doesnt go well Im sure you can return them. :)

I just hate to see that big of a tank wasted on two very inexpensive fish.. (I know you love them) but you can find free ones people tryin to get rid of daily. I just dont think they deserve that nice of a tank... Im sorry, I love your tank too much! lol.....

And the frontosa Idea would have been great, they are a gentle giant, super friendly and gorgeous fish.... but, they are an african, and require completly different water parameters... plus they arent the easiest fish to keep, have to be in a colony, etc etc.... So, until you decide to switch to an african tank, thoughs guys are out. :(

VsKitchen

I think that if you want to have more fish in your tank, you should. Yep, tricky to find a good match that is also interesting to you. I'm looking forward to hearing your final decision and seeing pictures of your final tank. :)

Madness

Staff member

sandnuka said:
I honestly think if you get younger jacks, a even a
texas cichlid, and they grow with the oscars in that size tank, everyone
would be happy..... just dont go out and grab a mature one that lived
alone in a tank.... or that idea of goin to the pet shop with some mixed
in with oscars... grab a couple of those, if it doesnt go well Im sure
you can return them. :)

I
just hate to see that big of a tank wasted on two very inexpensive
fish.. (I know you love them) but you can find free ones people tryin to
get rid of daily. I just dont think they deserve that nice of a
tank... Im sorry, I love your tank too much! lol.....

And the
frontosa Idea would have been great, they are a gentle giant, super
friendly and gorgeous fish.... but, they are an african, and require
completly different water parameters... plus they arent the easiest fish
to keep, have to be in a colony, etc etc.... So, until you decide to
switch to an african tank, thoughs guys are out. :(

13868.gif
4005419133.gif

DMD123 said:
Found this about tank mates for Oscars, might give you some ideas...
http://www.oscarfish.com/article-home/oscars/65-oscar-tankmates.html
This sounds familiar.
13868.gif

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III

sandnuka said:
I just hate to see that big of a tank wasted on two very inexpensive fish.. (I know you love them) but you can find free ones people tryin to get rid of daily. I just dont think they deserve that nice of a tank... Im sorry, I love your tank too much! lol.....
It kind of makes me laugh but my 210g set up was really for my $8.99 Midas from Petsmart. :lmfao:

So I really am not one to comment on this.... but I will. Keep whatever YOU like. When I redo my tank after it get cleaned up I think I will just raise convicts! Can I use a fancy African term and call them a "colony of convicts"? :laughhard:

Jantilla

Well the albino is chasing the RD. I hope this calm down. What do you guys think? I was at the pet store for about 45 minutes just trying to make up my mind. You never know with these monsters. He was traded in for being aggressive but was only in a 55. At the pet store he was in the convict tank.

Zerc

There is always a little aggression when you introduce a new fish to an established tank, it "should" pass.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

I would have added a convict as a dither.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

Almost forgot, nice fish! :spoton:

Madness

Staff member

Very nice addition. Dont want to burst your bubble, but its not a RD. :) But it is a very nice looking Midas or Midas/RD cross. :)