210 Gallon Tank

Jantilla

Re: 210 Gallon Tank

p1000412.jpg

wow that is legit! I really dig the simplicity of it. May need to study your wet/dry setup as I plan to drop a HOB and add another wet/dry. that system looks simple yet highly effective. Well done!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III

Looks good!

Makes me want to get some Oscars!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

Oscars are just so common that a lot of people dont even give them a second look.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

Did you take the time to measure your fish when you moved them?

That pleco is huge! And he is only going to get bigger.... :affraid:

Jantilla

Nope I didn't measure the fish but it's weird how they appear so much bigger when they are out of the water. I think the pleco is about 11 inches long. The albino oscar is the biggest at about 10.

Jantilla

Addicted2CAs said:
wow that is legit! I really dig the simplicity of it. May need to study your wet/dry setup as I plan to drop a HOB and add another wet/dry. that system looks simple yet highly effective. Well done!
I wanted to add a canister filter but was told it wasn't needed. I would add a hob but the tank is about 2 inches from the wall. Each wet/dry I have are for tanks up to 300 gallons.

Jantilla

Does anybody have any ideas for tankmates? I don't want fighting. I was thinking maybe a convict. They might clean up the food that the oscar's spit out.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

Jantilla said:
I'm thinking the pleco needs to go. The bio load is insane.
Hes a big boy and it sound like you kind of made up your mind on him already. Even free he may be hard to get rid of. :(

As for tankmates... there are a ton of choices. A convict would work out fine, other cichlids, schooling fish, catfish. What are you interested in?

Jantilla

If I got rid of him I would take him to cayes. I'm not to sure yet. He's part of the family. I do like cichlids and plan on getting more. If I got rid of the pleco I would get a catfish or another smaller pleco like what you have.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

My L014 that I got from Zerc is absolutely beautiful but a total hider, you never see it. They dont get too large in comparison to your common.

Madness

Staff member

I say dump the Oscars and get 5 to 8 fish around 2-3" and watch them grow. Then you can add a couple cool looking plecos, and some cool looking loaches. Even a Poly or 2.

Jantilla

madness said:
I say dump the Oscars and get 5 to 8 fish around 2-3" and watch them grow. Then you can add a couple cool looking plecos, and some cool looking loaches. Even a Poly or 2.
Yes madness I know you hate oscars. They were babies when I got them and still are. They have grown up fast.

Madness

Staff member

Jantilla said:
madness said:
Yes madness I know you hate oscars. They were babies when I got them and still are. They have grown up fast.
I dont hate them, I just think that there are far better fish out there to look at. Far better fish out there for the personality, and a boat load of fish out there that arent so dirty.

Thats all. :)