20 gallon Reef tank build

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilfishie

sidekicking said:
lars you cant abandon the 2.5 gallon projet....you need to find something for it ASAP
maybe ice cream tank????
Ditto, dont scrap it. It will be a cool little planted tank for some little fish. Hey, my cardinalis killi would do just fine in there.

sandnuka

DUDE! you have to finish the foam!!!! just make it for like a couple tiny dwarf cichlids, or even....... I cant believe Im gonna say it....... tetra's. But the foam/concrete must be finished and home to fish! IT WILL BE SWEEEEET

A

Anonymous

i agree, just stick with what you can acomplish, saltwater is a hard hobby. dont add stuff other than some easy corals till the tank is done cycling. please, just trust me with that. lol the 2.5gallon shoulc be finished. if not ill take it LOL! ill finish it for you and give it back if you supply me with some corals on thursday :p

lars on

OH!! Guys im abandoning the seahorses, Im gonna make the 2.5 an extremely small Mizube tank.

O: lilfishie your killies would fit in there?

lol, I always cycle ALL my tanks, my saltwater makes me paranoid about adding stuff, had it running almost 2.5 months before fish.

DUDDEEEEEEEEE, maybe ill make the 2.5 a tinsey tiney frag tank, I think it would be bitchin to get some polyps growing on the walls when its all cemented up

A

Anonymous

a 2.5 is WAY to unstable for frags, if you HAD to have a saltwater tank in there i would go a kenya tree (one of the hardiest corals every) and maybe a cleaner shrimp. pretty much, i wouldnt do it.

lilfishie

Well as long as the lighting will support coral and the water quality is stable for coral, you can do a reef tank in at 2.5.

Heres a 2gal pico tank
http://www.melevsreef.com/pico.html

I've seen a 1 gal reef tank with live shrimp that probably only had a half gal of water in it. If I can find the thread, I'll post it.

lars on

Yeah Ive seen the pico tanks, how much light would you reccomend? Or i guess I could look it up myself.

I wouldnt put fish in it though, just be a very tiny coral tank.

lars on

I found a tiny light for a pico tank, 13 watts, half blue half white 15$

is 13 watts not enough light for a 2.5?

lars on

Im gonna hold off on the 2.5 and make my now old 10 gallon saltwater a frag tank. Pickin up some more coral tomorrow, mushrooms and maybe some other things, and hopefully a sea anemone in the next 2 weeks.

lars on

Aquascaped the 20 and both clowns are now in it. LOVE the new space they have

10 gallon is gonna be the new frag tank, its only inhabtatn will be the stupid hermit crab and maybe a fish

Status
Not open for further replies.