20 gallon Reef tank build

Status
Not open for further replies.

lars on

SCRATCHIN EVERYTHING

Due to setting up a 2.5 FW tank for a sick guppy and him not being able to navigate it in his current condition, the tank is now going to be a 2.5 gallon saltwater seahorse tank. Im going to take way to long to research up on these guys and give them a beautiful tank.

And yes, Im still blaming Sidekicking and fish_n_vw

I will also turn the 10 gallon into a reef tank for my two clown fish. My ultimate goal is to get them a host rose bubble tip anemone.

Ultimate goal kinda ish, tank layout wise

LOL, SCRATCH THAT ALSO

20 gallon reef tank, lookin at 5 watts a gallon

fishtankdesign.jpg

lars on

HAGEN WORKS!

The new Hagen 70 filter works great, almost to great! Hung it on the 30 and the output of water nearly toppled the 10lb piece of driftwood! :shock:

Got it under control now though!

sidekicking

lars on said:
SCRATCHIN EVERYTHING

Due to setting up a 2.5 FW tank for a sick guppy and him not being able to navigate it in his current condition, the tank is now going to be a 2.5 gallon saltwater seahorse tank. Im going to take way to long to research up on these guys and give them a beautiful tank.

And yes, Im still blaming Sidekicking and fish_n_vw

I will also turn the 10 gallon into a reef tank for my two clown fish. My ultimate goal is to get them a host rose bubble tip anemone.
sure young lady use us as a scape goat-tis tis
lol

lars on

You are just the scape goat if mom asks : )

I got pictures of it now. Postin em soon.

Probably shouldnt have put the tank right next to the other SW.

lars on

PICTURES

current 10 gallon FOWLR, soon to be reef, just gotta fix the stupid ancient light
fishtank1.jpg

Lewis- False Percula clown
Larson- Black and white striped Percula clown
Poop Machines- 2 Turbo Snails
Tappers- Hermit crab

2.5 gallon tank next to 10 gallon
fishtank2.jpg

2.5 gallon on its beautifully handcrafted stand I had imported from King Tuts tomb in Cairo, Egypt.

fishtank3.jpg

Comparison to hand, had 18" light over it

fishtank4.jpg

lars on

Found out seahorses hate water flow. Also found out most people said it is harder to run a 2.5 gallon SW tank than keeping sea horses.

But found an article on how someone used a modded Hagen Aquaclear 70 as a sump/refugium on their 2.5 pico seahorse tank. And just by chance I got one 2 days ago, so YAY. Got the carbon bag today, gonna smash up some remaining live rock and start this puppy up!

lars on

Heres to butchering!

IMG00588.jpg

Started on the stupid thing, busted half of it apart then didnt know what to do. Gotta think It through more, need some plexi glass, and water resistant fish safe sealant

utf-8BSU1HMDA1ODkuanBn.jpg

Aquaclear 70 on the back of the 2.5, have to make a mod for the water now to, and yes, that IS a devils mask, whats its doing there, I have no idea

lilfishie

I wish I would have thought about this earlier, but I have a 30" coralife lighting unit that you can have. It will put out plenty of light for your ten gal tank. And the 2.5 too if you set them side by side and hang the light. Its a little long but it will help. there are 2 55w bulbs. I believe both are working. They are on seperate switches so you can turn one on or both. One of them might be an actinic too. I havent looked at it lately. It was on my 30 gal freshwater tank for a while.

lars on

OMG, Im seriously about to crap my pants. You are , I dont even know what you are, my saltwater Angel

// so sorry for standing you up lilfishie, cant wait to see the Harley and tanks tomorrow

lars on

Current pic of 10 gallon w/ new live rock from lilfishie

New rockstructure in tank, beautiful LR pieces from lilfishie, for once I am happy with the tank

IMG00598.jpg

//Stupid massive heater, cant wait to build a little sump fot the ten, hide that monster

Status
Not open for further replies.