Stock change, what was I thinking? More bichirs

FishBeast

Nice pics! Glad everyone is doing well @DMD123 ! Hi @VickiK !!

So I've finally installed the bulkheads and drains/returns on the 210. Waiting on some plumbing and hoses and finally setting up this weekend! "Unfortunately" I will have to settle on a 55G for the sump due to 75G sourcing problems.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Nice pics! Glad everyone is doing well @DMD123 ! Hi @VickiK !!

So I've finally installed the bulkheads and drains/returns on the 210. Waiting on some plumbing and hoses and finally setting up this weekend! "Unfortunately" I will have to settle on a 55G for the sump due to 75G sourcing problems.

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN BEAST!!!

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
And for the record, PorkChop is still my favorite "celebrity" fish - trumping even The King of DIY's Frank the Flowerhorn - who I also admire. PorkChop RULES.

@DMD123

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Nom Nom the Ansorgii posed for this

Last edited:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
How about a new centerfold pic of our favorite fishie?
Will work on some new pics of the big girl. She has been very reclusive and not as outgoing since the tank stock went down. I think it's stress from not having as many upper swimming fish. I'm working on that too. Not sure exactly what to add but something.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Here are my two new endlis from stingro.... guessing they measure 16” and 12” give or take and I’ve notuced that my big girl has some weird shaped eyes.... similar to what I’m seeing in yours.

They have been nicknamed Laverne and Shirley. 14404B9A-D1FB-4558-A95D-0C006E7DF1DB.jpeg 05FDA125-EF61-4DAB-A249-E42027BEB92D.jpeg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Here are my two new endlis from stingro.... guessing they measure 16” and 12” give or take and I’ve notuced that my big girl has some weird shaped eyes.... similar to what I’m seeing in yours.

They have been nicknamed Laverne and Shirley. View attachment 4455 View attachment 4456
Nice endli. They are very easy to keep and being that yours are captive breed probably will show a lot less agression. If you notice one being very dominant and agression shown by fin nipping or biting you may want to add a couple more polys

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Nice endli. They are very easy to keep and being that yours are captive breed probably will show a lot less agression. If you notice one being very dominant and agression shown by fin nipping or biting you may want to add a couple more polys
Thanks for the advice... I did notice some nips in the tails.... I attributed it to my chocolate cichlid ( which is super peaceful) so I removed him and added two large Bala sharks..... I may need to add some other polys to the tank, but I worry my growouts would be snacks for these two large ladies

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Will work on some new pics of the big girl. She has been very reclusive and not as outgoing since the tank stock went down. I think it's stress from not having as many upper swimming fish. I'm working on that too. Not sure exactly what to add but something.

Maybe get some giant danios to swim around up there. One of my favorite fish. I always seem to have some around somewhere.....

Looking forward to seeing our sweet chubby girl!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the advice... I did notice some nips in the tails.... I attributed it to my chocolate cichlid ( which is super peaceful) so I removed him and added two large Bala sharks..... I may need to add some other polys to the tank, but I worry my growouts would be snacks for these two large ladies
Among polys the endli and ornates seem to be the worst aggressors and biggest bullies. Generally the laps, ansorgii, weeksii, teugelsi seem the better ones that get along. Add enough of these and the bully has too much to focus on just one poly.

FishBeast

Maybe get some giant danios to swim around up there. One of my favorite fish. I always seem to have some around somewhere.....

Looking forward to seeing our sweet chubby girl!
Giant danios are a great choice for dithers... They are super fast! Plus cheap enough not to hurt too much if eaten.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
How are the eyes weird? Are they both WC? Laverne has a froggy look (which I find cute hehe)
I would gauge by the face they are captive born endli. These can be a bit frog eyed compared to wild caught. But the ones that really look weird are ansorgii, even wild caught can look a bit cross eyed