What did you do with your fish tanks today? Pics appreciated!

Ali

Set up a new pleco and shrimp tank. Still cycling.
20160513_051145.jpeg
Those caves are awesome!!! Did you make them yourself?

Loren

Yes, I bought $8 worth of scrap slate from a local stone/rock business and then busted the pieces up with a hammer.

Knowing my luck the plecos won't like or use them. :(

clifford

Loren, your fancy pleco caves are shaming my broken flower pots. Came out looking really nice, I hope they move in for you!

Loren

That is the compromise that I had to make with the wife in order to get the goldfish out of the big tank. I was going crazy replanting on a daily basis all the plants that they had ripped out. It is in our master bathroom. Luckily I found one on craigslist so didn't have to cough up $200.

Madness

Staff member
I sold around 20 fish this past weekend, with a few dozen more to be sold. Will be posting an ad later today. If I remember. :)

Betty

Staff member
Yes I am, to a point. Will be keeping a few of my more rare species but moving the rest. Including around 20 exotic Loricaridae
Oh man, I'm sad to hear that. I can't imagine that your fish could find a better home than what you give them.

JimmyZ

Just an update. Got tired of the mix of substrate I had in the tank that has changed over the years. Aragonite, crushed coral, cichlid mix and pool filter sand. It was starting to look really cruddy and generally ugly. I sucked it all out with a 1.5" hose out the window, then replaced it with 3 bags of straight pool filter sand. Deducted a few rocks and added a few new ones. PFS is so nice to sift and seems to stay nicer then the expensive tank substrate.

Looks so much cleaner.

Mike16T

Just an update. Got tired of the mix of substrate I had in the tank that has changed over the years. Aragonite, crushed coral, cichlid mix and pool filter sand. It was starting to look really cruddy and generally ugly. I sucked it all out with a 1.5" hose out the window, then replaced it with 3 bags of straight pool filter sand. Deducted a few rocks and added a few new ones. PFS is so nice to sift and seems to stay nicer then the expensive tank substrate.

Looks so much cleaner.

Haha.. You got a new account now too Jim? You got most of my Red Rainbows. =P
Are those still the Red Rainbows that you got from me? Tank looks really good man.. ^_^

JimmyZ

Haha.. You got a new account now too Jim? You got most of my Red Rainbows. =P
Are those still the Red Rainbows that you got from me? Tank looks really good man.. ^_^

Thanks and I got all of them from you except the wild caughts :( I had so many goofy passwords I just set up a new account awhile back. They are still doing good, I think I have only lost 2 in what 6 or 7 years now since they were fry? You have anything tank wise going on now and where you at, still in the Seattle area? Kind of odd I haven't had any holding for almost a year, they go through the motions but no holding. Talked to a few other troph people about it and they think since the colony is so big it's like they don't need to.