WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Gryphon

You would have had to have seen Anthony J.'s post before he edited it. Basically he said some bad stuff about Cory and Shawn, then proceeded to say he was leaving.

I suspect Anthony J is a previous forum member who got their panties in a wad over something.

Anthony J.

Shut up Gryphon, I'll put you in a wad. Yes, I am a previous member/moderator, I was the 13th member on this forum. I hadn't been on for a while,  when I came back, I made a few posts, kinda chatted with a few old friends, posted something in the market, and started a thread in the appropriate category discussing some fish I have. When I logged back in the next day, my moderator status had been taken away, my thread moved to an area other then where I put it, and I read around a bit and cant help but notice that a good 30% of all threads I was reading had somewhere in it, "alright now guys stay on topic, I'm gonna clean this up, I'm sure you guys are just joking, but a new member may not know that" etc, etc.  I was saying that this was ridiculous,  and that it didn't used to be that way, go look through year old threads,  maybe even a little older. We used clown on mfk guys doing exactly this crap. Wafishbox is now a place for mods who obviously have inferiority issues, and give themselves pats on the back for telling grown adults what to do, or how to do it. Also, as a place to support Corys store, which I'm sure is great, but where are the other sponsors? Did aquarium Co op donate the $ that a place for pets did, where are the banners these company's payed for. Was it seen as competition so pulled off?

I'm not hiding anything, my old screen name wad fish_n_vw, and this used to be a great place to come and talk fish.  I deleted my account because fish_n_vw was a moderator, and one of the people who from the beginning watched as our numbers grew and grew. So, I changed my screen name to my real name, Anthony J. I am not hiding out, plotting schemes or trolling, half the people on this site have my number, and I am easy to get a hold of.  But, I Anthony J. wont just sit back and keep my mouth shut anymore. So, as a proud member of what this forum used to be, I will call the mods and admins on there crap, that is how it is. I have no disrespect for Shawn, Cory, or any other mods/admins. Cory I hope your buisness is doing well, and I will have to come check it out sometime when I'm up north, Shawn, I hope you and your boys are doing well, and you don't find me too offensive, but you know me well enough. This is nothing personal, and not an attack at either of you, but my opinion,  is this forum has home down hill. Not at all in content,  or humor (we have always had D), but in operations, leadership, and being "over edited". Gryphon, that was a bit personal I guess, you don't know me, watch what you say about people you dont know, or I guess I can show you what I can do with my "panties".

Gryphon

Anthony J. said:
Shut up Gryphon, I'll put you in a wad. Yes, I am a previous member/moderator, I was the 13th member on this forum. I hadn't been on for a while,  when I came back, I made a few posts, kinda chatted with a few old friends, posted something in the market, and started a thread in the appropriate category discussing some fish I have. When I logged back in the next day, my moderator status had been taken away, my thread moved to an area other then where I put it, and I read around a bit and cant help but notice that a good 30% of all threads I was reading had somewhere in it, "alright now guys stay on topic, I'm gonna clean this up, I'm sure you guys are just joking, but a new member may not know that" etc, etc.  I was saying that this was ridiculous,  and that it didn't used to be that way, go look through year old threads,  maybe even a little older. We used clown on mfk guys doing exactly this crap. Wafishbox is now a place for mods who obviously have inferiority issues, and give themselves pats on the back for telling grown adults what to do, or how to do it. Also, as a place to support Corys store, which I'm sure is great, but where are the other sponsors? Did aquarium Co op donate the $ that a place for pets did, where are the banners these company's payed for. Was it seen as competition so pulled off?

I'm not hiding anything, my old screen name wad fish_n_vw, and this used to be a great place to come and talk fish.  I deleted my account because fish_n_vw was a moderator, and one of the people who from the beginning watched as our numbers grew and grew. So, I changed my screen name to my real name, Anthony J. I am not hiding out, plotting schemes or trolling, half the people on this site have my number, and I am easy to get a hold of.  But, I Anthony J. wont just sit back and keep my mouth shut anymore. So, as a proud member of what this forum used to be, I will call the mods and admins on there crap, that is how it is. I have no disrespect for Shawn, Cory, or any other mods/admins. Cory I hope your buisness is doing well, and I will have to come check it out sometime when I'm up north, Shawn, I hope you and your boys are doing well, and you don't find me too offensive, but you know me well enough. This is nothing personal, and not an attack at either of you, but my opinion,  is this forum has home down hill. Not at all in content,  or humor (we have always had D), but in operations, leadership, and being "over edited". Gryphon, that was a bit personal I guess, you don't know me, watch what you say about people you dont know, or I guess I can show you what I can do with my "panties".
Ohh we have a keyboard commando here.

Anthraxx

Woooo nelly! first off i wanted to troll back but after fully reading realized its anthony! lets not let some pety fued get in the way of our love for fish... this forum was originally made to bring the NW fish community together and save a buck in doing so. i do agree that some of the mods have to be a little harsh but imagine being in there shoes... must be difficult to constantly have to get on people to follow simple rules and such. plus think of all those who may have been irked by such actions.. i know i was one of them. as for the new forum rulings i think you may have missed quite a bit, as i understand it mikey was tired of continuing the website and cory graciously offered to take it off his hands. yes its a good thing for his business, but its also good for the forum. since all this transition ive seen this place go from a dead/dying forum into a vibrant place where i can barely keep up on posts. i by no means am trying to take sides here (although i have met anthony, gryphon, cory, and many others over the years) just simply trying to bring another perspective to it.

on a side note: Dmd has got to be a main source of humor here, although Lamental Jester is really trying.

on another side note: i can recall you yourself censoring a ton of my posts when you used to be an admin, i also recall giving you a bunch of c%*& over it IRL.

Anthony J.

Yeah, but that was cursing and such, not "stay on topic", or "dont joke around" or a lot of the other useless power trip crap that's been going on. I have missed some, but I was sure to catch up, hence me being here and posting in this thread. Im still curious where the sponsor banners are, with link to there respective sites, those were payed for.

Anthraxx

indeed i do agree with you there on the topic deal, imo the easiest way to fix this would be to put in a chat system that actually works and is up top with the portal page.. that way if you wanna joke around you got a place to do so..

Anthony J.

I don't see why anyone cant have any topic go anyway they please. To me, the original thread location, is a starting point, let the free members run with it as they see fit. I have read through (as I'm sure many have) countless topics, and if something turns another direction, if im not interested, often times I simply stop reading. But, sometimes, whatever said topic gets turned into, is related close enough to the original topic, that it spikes, or could turn my interest in another direction. For instance , I was recently reading a thread on diy cfl bulbs some guy, had a question of it would be ok to grow specific plant. It turned into a 9 page, now sticky, where his question had inspired someone to recreate his tank and use a par meter to determine how well cfls work when using diffrent k ratings, and range or distance, also open top tank vs glass top, and compared to t5, t8, pc, and halide. Needless to say, a question, which could have been answered by one or two sentences, by one person, turned into a experiment, by another. Complete thread jack. But everyone was happy to see it, and as I stated, now its a sticky. I just spent 20 minutes looking for it, and cant remember where I saw it, sorry. But this just goes to show how "holding" people under such a strict mindset, can be very counter productive.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Glad to have you back on board Anthony! Makes sense changing out the user name. The place has grown quite a bit and we have many new users. Very active site now.

Salzabar

HA!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!! Anthony, you are so funny specially when you say "I'll put you in a wad" LOL!!!! and "I can show you what I can do with my panties" What does that even mean???????? I vote Anthony as the funniest poster on this forum. Who wants to second that??!!

PLease, whatever you do Anthony, don't stop being funny. I could always use a good laugh. Even if it means I get to laugh at someone like you.

nick_76

honestly, I don't see anything wrong with anthonys post- the one that is up right now, at least. other than wadding panties this way and that, his assessment of the way things are is pretty spot on.

I don't know how the original post was worded in such a way to get people so riled up though

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
The sponsor section is gone because they weren't being used. Not a single sponsor has contacted me in regards to the sponsorship not being on the front page. In fact I did pay to have aquarium co-op be a sponsor back in the old system. I also bought this forum.

We have new sponsors in the work. Hikari has already signed on to sponsor the photo of the month contests etc.

Lets not forget where this forum was just a month ago. We literally went a week with not a single post in the general section etc. Users were at an all time low etc.

No one likes change. However if we didn't shake up what was going on, the forum was dying. We are now seeing an influx of people and it has become active again. This is why a lot of old people are returning.

I hope we can grow this community and talk fish on a daily basis. I hope we can remain civil with each other and keep topics on point and keep the forum family friendly. I don't see a down side to any of those key points. We can certainly joke around and have fun without the need for lots of swear words and excessive trolling. There are lots of forums on the internet. This one is for Washington Fish People pure and simple. All other types of shenanigans can go on outside of this forum.

A

Anonymous

How about a section "off the topic". It will make us jokers more feel at home with others we chat

A

Anonymous

Cause the lounge was too regulated. Cant say this or stop derailing the thread. How about a off the topic chat. Like 30 post is the limit and any after that system deletes the oldest posts. Like a chat room style. Is that possible?

cichlid-gal

SiRWesDragon said:
Cause the lounge was too regulated. Cant say this or stop derailing the thread. How about a off the topic chat. Like 30 post is the limit and any after that system deletes the oldest posts. Like a chat room style. Is that possible?
It's always good to be able to goof off. I see no problem with something like this but it shouldn't count into the "most active" ... just saying...BS is BS plain and simple. "Most active" should be contributing...not BS'ing.

A

Anonymous

Anthony J. said:
I don't see why anyone cant have any topic go anyway they please. To me, the original thread location, is a starting point, let the free members run with it as they see fit. I have read through (as I'm sure many have) countless topics, and if something turns another direction, if im not interested,  often times I simply stop reading. But, sometimes, whatever said topic gets turned into, is related close enough to the original topic, that it spikes, or could turn my interest in another direction. For instance , I was recently reading a thread on diy cfl bulbs some guy, had a question of it would be ok to grow specific plant. It turned into a 9 page, now sticky, where his question had inspired someone to recreate his tank and use a par meter to determine how well cfls work when using diffrent k ratings, and range or distance, also open top tank vs glass top, and compared to t5, t8, pc, and halide. Needless to say, a question, which could have been answered by one or two sentences, by one person, turned into a experiment,  by another. Complete thread jack. But everyone was happy to see it, and as I stated, now its a sticky. I just spent 20 minutes looking for it, and cant remember where I saw it, sorry. But this just goes to show how "holding" people under such a strict mindset, can be very counter productive.
There is a fine balance . In general when a person posts a topic with a specific goal & wanted others opinions that person would like it if the thread they created could in the most part stay on topic. I would like to add, some kidding, & side tracked convo is accepted but if 10+ ppl engage in the off topic subject the original subject could become lost quickly. It's so annoying when it does.  If side interests develops off the original topic then it's time to just post a new topic.

SiRWesDragon said:
How about a section "off the topic". It will make us jokers more feel at home with others we chat
Isn't this what the lounge is for?

A

Anonymous

fishNAbowl said:
SiRWesDragon said:
Isn't this what the lounge is for?