WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
nick_76 said:
kara- get an android phone, youll have better luck....just sayin'

boeing still doesn't like wafishbox unfortunately...so I have to depend on my phone to read up on the box during the work day now
Oh dang, I'll see if I can figure out why it doesn't like it :(

Madness

Staff member
Your employers have the server security restrictions set, for exactly this reason. That way employees dont waste time on forums or FB....

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Seattle_Aquarist said:
Hi All,

What happened to the list of Sponsors in the left column of the Portal Page?
Was removed due to inactivity. The sponsors that were there had not posted in over a year and some are no longer in business etc. Unfortunately when something is given away so cheap, people tend to not utilize it. Because the sponsor privileged was given away way below market value, the sponsors did not utilize it. All sponsors still have their name in gold, unfortunately all of them are inactive and never post so you don't see that around either.

We do have a new sponsor of Hikari foods. They're sponsoring the photo section, after this current month of photos with prizes donated by me. It will be prizes from Hikari.

I look forward to picking up new sponsors to the forum as we grow.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I've purchased the ability to block google ads from forum members for the next year. So if you're logged in you should no long see ads anywhere on these forums. If you do please let me know so I can look into it.

Gryphon

Probably, it gives me a risk error when I try to get on the fishbox, but I can access several other forums no problem.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
For you guys getting blocked, any chance you can let me know if it's like Mcafee, or google etc that is blocking you? I've submitted a ticket to trustedsource to get wafishbox.com verified, that should help get it labeled as safe.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Gryphon said:
Company's internal security system sadly for me.
I'm hoping by correcting whatever it is that is flagging one of the sites, it'll fix it for all systems... Maybe wishful thinking, but if there is a way hopefully we'll find it.

Gryphon

I'm not too worried about accessing the site at work, I work grave shift so it is usually quiet during that time period anyways.

KaraWolf

nick_76 said:
kara- get an android phone, youll have better luck....just sayin'

boeing still doesn't like wafishbox unfortunately...so I have to depend on my phone to read up on the box during the work day now
Dude....its a Samsung galaxy exhilirate it IS an android :p and will never be an ianything!

nick_76

madness said:
Your employers have the server security restrictions set, for exactly this reason.  That way employees dont waste time on forums or FB....
nope...facebook is allowed....

nick_76

Aquarium Co-Op said:
For you guys getting blocked, any chance you can let me know if it's like Mcafee, or google etc that is blocking you? I've submitted a ticket to trustedsource to get wafishbox.com verified, that should help get it labeled as safe.
awesome. it is mcaffee...says unverified if I remember right

KaraWolf

Hahaha hmmmm I wonder if the mobile would work better? I use the desktop version cause I can't find the portal feed on the mobile version....
Edit: ehh yeah better but I like the edit feature and portal of the desktop version

nick_76

I avoid mobile versions of sites like the plague. a definite turnoff to a site if they wont let mobile users switch between versions

KaraWolf

I can agree with that!!! Sometimes the mobile is just too slow or glitchy to be annoyed at a screen you have to zoom in and out on constantly though this forum is set up almost perfectly to use desktop on my phone.

nick_76

I just don't like visiting dumbed down websites...made sense for early generation phones with internet access....but today, not so much

also, I get used to where to find things on a website, on a mobile version all bets are off