WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Madness

Staff member
PokeSephiroth said:
Thanks DMD123! I believe it was you who was the first member to welcome me to the forum! :)We shall keep our forum full of topics and great discussions! :D

AQUARIUMIZE ALL THINGS!!!
Hey I was 2nd. :D  And D was just trying to pad his stats. :joker:  He had to pass me in posts. :lol

madness: LOL!! Yes, you were 2nd :) good times, good times.

And now, I hope to pass on more good times to new forum members alike!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
madness said:
Hey I was 2nd. :D  And D was just trying to pad his stats. :joker:  He had to pass me in posts.  :lol
Hey I just have a lot to share.... Im a forum :pig: 

Here's something that I've been wanting to bring up for a while now...

Whenever I try to associate my account with my facebook account, it doesn't work. When I click on the button/link, the pop up window errors out... Dunno if there's a way to fix this. I s'pose there is, but I don't know how to go about fixing it.

Mikey

I'm excited to see the site being taken over by someone who has the time, energy, & expertise to do so.

Thank you to everyone who has helped make this forum what it is today. I'm in grad school at WSU currently, but when I return I'll make sure to stay active.

Great job Cory

nick_76

DMD123 said:
I like the new look! :spoton: 

what new look? looks pretty much the same except a leaderboard and a search box...there was a search before but it was pretty much useless

I dunno, that search tab was pretty useful for me, especially when I was tracking down topics, that I couldn't find through the portal.

New look = thinning out the forum sections, and adding/merging older forum sections, just to make navigating through all the topics, somewhat easier.

In the future, we plan on adding more features to the forum. As the forum stands right now, we are limited with what we can do, but we're making the most of it. Once we transition (IF we transition) to a new forum, that's when we will add other features IF there will be other features, which I'm sure there will be. :)

Madness

Staff member
Mikey said:
I'm excited to see the site being taken over by someone who has the time, energy, & expertise to do so.

Thank you to everyone who has helped make this forum what it is today. I'm in grad school at WSU currently, but when I return I'll make sure to stay active.

Great job Cory
Hey Mikey, my son is over there and he needs a swift kick in the ass to realize that school is important, he completely screwed off, and spent $27000 to go to school last year and has nothing to show for it. So could you do that for me? :)

nick_76 said:
DMD123 said:
I like the new look! :spoton: 

what new look? looks pretty much the same except a leaderboard and a search box...there was a search before but it was pretty much useless
Well then you need to get around more. :D

earthfish

We should Pick/ have a election once a year to find Mods. I think it would be cool to be able to vote. maybe we could pick new ones every so often. And No this has nothing to do with me wanting to be a MOD LOL I'm serious we should have an election

nick_76

I disagree...we would then perhaps end up with either a.) someone who doesn't have the time/energy/expertise for the job or b.) we would only have the same people putting their hat in the ring over and over and eventually there just wouldn't be a point

there needs to be some sort of continuity, and changing mods monthly would not be able to facilitate that.

Madness

Staff member
Agreed, bad idea. Mods have nothing to do with the progress of the forum or its members. They are basically forum police here keeping the asylum from getting out of control. All of the members make the forum not the mods. If you want to vote for new mods then we should also vote for new members. :)

earthfish

Okay. I think it would be a good idea. But obviously Nobody agrees. And I guess that's fine but I'd still love to be a Mod.

earthfish

nick_76 said:
I disagree...we would then perhaps end up with either a.) someone who doesn't have the time/energy/expertise for the job or b.) we would only have the same people putting their hat in the ring over and over and eventually there just wouldn't be a point

there needs to be some sort of continuity, and changing mods monthly would not be able to facilitate that.
I said Yearly A and B At least gryphon agrees!

VernalPond

So great to hear about Cory becoming involved. I already enjoy this forum but the infusion of Cory's ideas and enthusiasm sounds like a great addition.

nick_76

well, I feel once the mods see a need for an additional mod, and are able to identify a person with the expertise who puts the time into the forum necessary, arbitrarily "recruit" works just fine. if you wanna be a mod, put in the time. show you bring something to the table & to this im referring to forum management skills and ideas, not simply fish expertise.

like madness said, we are all content generators here. we make the forum what it is

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I like the activity tracker on the side, though I also miss knowing whose online..... That used to help me decide who to pm to get questions answered quickly...... I'd also love to see more social events take place with this forum. It would be cool to have a social hour at a restaurant / bar once a month or maybe some luncheon things on weekends. Just some informal fish talk with like minded people. Just some things to mull over.