WAFISHBOX FACE LIFT

Social events are definitely going to be something that will are going to focus on. Thanks for surfacing that topic up lloyd378! :)

nick_76

yea..i like the idea of occaisional social events...we could meet at ivars..or better yet, a sushi place! (bad, I know!)

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
PokeSephiroth said:
Social events are definitely going to be something that will are going to focus on. Thanks for surfacing that topic up lloyd378! :)
No problem. I have other ideas too, but not sure how to broach them in a way to not make people defensive..... Haha. Keep up the good work poke!

Nick, could we also from time to time meet at a McDonald's as long as we all order filet o' fish? Lol

A

Anonymous

For a couple days I was surfing around WFB with my signature "Cory for Admin.." when we where having a good long discussion on change . This is kind of a surprise. Really didn't think anyone would take me serious. Ha!!

nick_76

is sea galley still in business? I don't think ive seen one since moving back

not that I can eat at any of these places, but ill gladly sit down for a beer and tell lies...that was business as usual for my old sailing group in tx

cichlid-gal

Congrats to Poke and Cory....this is a great forum. It's a wonderful place to hang out and meet with our local Washington folks. A big thanks to everyone that has contributed in the past or will be contributing in the future to the forum operations. THANKS TO ALL!!!

pbmax

theChad said:
For a couple days I was surfing around WFB with my signature "Cory for Admin.." when we where having a good long discussion on change . This is kind of a surprise. Really didn't think anyone would take me serious. Ha!!
You've got my vote, Mr. President. 8) 

VernalPond

I agree with what lloyd378 brought up as well. One of the things that attracted me to this community was that you folks know each other in person. Fishbox really only got cemented in my head at last year's GSAS auction when I saw ya'll wearing your Fishbox ID tags with your screen names. I thought that was really smart. That is when I met several of you kind folks too. I agree that the group's goal of taking the online friendship into the real world is really admirable and fun.

Wooohooo! I'm glad that my custom nametfs are making a difference! :-D everyone who has received a custom nametfs from me, congratulations! You are all the 1st gen batch!! I'm making new ones and try will be 2nd gen nametfs, so they will look slightly different. :)

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Posted wafishbox to craigslist today. http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/for/4029165293.html

The original print was a bit small so I changed the template to make it larger for next time.

If anyone else wants to help and post to anywhere but Seattle for sale that would help a ton. Pet section, Bellingham, down south, East of the mountains area etc.

Also if anyone owns a website, a link back to www.wafishbox.com would be help to get us higher up in the search engines.

Lastly, tell your friends. Even if they are already members, bug them to become active again :)

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
hobbyorobsession said:
probably because its in the for sale section and not selling anything. misleading as if your selling the forum for a $1
Yeah I'll try a different title next time. Problem with craigslist is the for sale section is where all the traffic is. I might just add it to my Aquarium Co-Op posts and people can find the fish box that way.

Spyral

Well, it looks awesome. I liked the chat room because all we ever did in there was make jokes. Not much fishy business.

KaraWolf

Suggestion? would it be possible to make the reply/new topic boxes bigger lenghtwise? I do most of my posting on my phone and right now they only offer 2 visible lines of text which are tricky to grab for double checking spelling and the like. Let alone my phone being stupid and always auto moving the screen away from my typing spot.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
KaraWolf said:
Suggestion? would it be possible to make the reply/new topic boxes bigger lenghtwise? I do most of my posting on my phone and right now they only offer 2 visible lines of text which are tricky to grab for double checking spelling and the like. Let alone my phone being stupid and always auto moving the screen away from my typing spot.
Unfortunately I think this is limited by the current forums we use. I'm still trying to decide if it's worth it to move the site to a new forum host. This will allow us full customization. However the forums will go down for a day, and everyone's passwords would be reset and they'd have to make a new one again. We're still looking at all the options before we decide to take any action.

KaraWolf

Ahhh :) good luck to you then o.o not a webpage manipulator myself so I wouldn't know the first thing about it :p but I would assume all suggestions are good in helping decide where to go now :)

nick_76

kara- get an android phone, youll have better luck....just sayin'

boeing still doesn't like wafishbox unfortunately...so I have to depend on my phone to read up on the box during the work day now