The big switch

censeoflife

stierwalt3 said:
Hey Cense do you have to boil those pots before they can go in the tank...or just a good scrubbing??
My answer before was about rocks. lol.. I just noticed you said pots. I did just rinse like nuka said and I also used a rock (broken piece of lava rock that easily fit in my hand) to smooth all the broken edges a lil bit, I had a Female juvi Ps. Salousi die cause they wiggled through a sharp hole. : ( Lesson learned.

sandnuka

oh yeah, the whole at the bottom of the pots! forgot about that... I use a sponge, and cram it in the whole... so no one can go thru it. :)

stierwalt3

censeoflife said:
stierwalt3 said:
Hey Cense do you have to boil those pots before they can go in the tank...or just a good scrubbing??
My answer before was about rocks. lol.. I just noticed you said pots. I did just rinse like nuka said and I also used a rock (broken piece of lava rock that easily fit in my hand) to smooth all the broken edges a lil bit, I had a Female juvi Ps. Salousi die cause they wiggled through a sharp hole. : ( Lesson learned.
No prob....Yeah I got some pots and took them to work. I was thinking I could cut them in half on the band saw and grind some openings in them with all my different grinders.....NOT! These pots are tough...wore out the blade and grinding wheel! So I just took a hammer and flat head screw driver to them. :roll:

sandnuka

Ive seen perfect cut halfs of pots.... I really dont know how they do it.... Ive tried soakin them for along time, then took a saw to it, still no way... I ended up doin the same thing... hammer and screwdriver, then sanding sharp edges down... now I pretty much just toss in the whole pot though. lol