Severum collection

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
No shipping confirmation from the seller. Waiting to see if he got them out yesterday or today.
Should be shipped this evening :rolleyes:
Some sellers are better than others... Ever hear of Toyin? He is a seller of some of the best wild caught bichirs but the absolute worst in communication. Hard to get a hold of, you have to get straight to the point, no asking what he has, just tell him what you want. Then wait for a long time after you give him information to get a reply... lol.

Let us know how it goes when this is all over with.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Some sellers are better than others... Ever hear of Toyin? He is a seller of some of the best wild caught bichirs but the absolute worst in communication. Hard to get a hold of, you have to get straight to the point, no asking what he has, just tell him what you want. Then wait for a long time after you give him information to get a reply... lol.

Let us know how it goes when this is all over with.
Shipped, delivery is by 1030 tomorrow morning. :coffee

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I'm a super crummy videographer. I failed to check my camera view before I started but I do get the fish bag in the shot when I show it. UPS delivered at 1013. Each fish was individually double bag with heat sealed bags that were 1qt volume, I think. 2 of the Sev's are rather small, right at 2in if that. The largest is well over 3in. The coloring has me worried as they remind me of my turquoise sev's so hopefully I did not just special order in everyday turquoise sev's. I do have the seller's word on them being H. Notatus.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Love that Dan's does the heat sealed bags! Fish look very nice and the one looks huge compared to the other two.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
This fella came in a group that I acquired off CL. He has been growing out in one of the 29g tanks. Decided he would look good with the other smalls.PXL_20211005_000728666.MP~2.jpgPXL_20211005_000713778.jpg

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Well, the pair have started fighting. She has missing scales and he has facial injuries that look like abrasions. Some of the other sev's look to have been involved as well.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
This is spawn 4 or 5 for this pair and I don't see any viable eggs. They do a good job fanning but I think one is sterile. It's been 3-4 days since spawn occurred and no wigglers.PXL_20211119_163352710.jpg

sir_keith

Legendary Member
This is spawn 4 or 5 for this pair and I don't see any viable eggs. They do a good job fanning but I think one is sterile. It's been 3-4 days since spawn occurred and no wigglers.View attachment 10612
Probably more likely- two females. Happens all the time with substrate-spawning cichlids in the absence of males. :oops: