Severum collection

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Well, the new guy is a bit tattered from his old tank mates but the fungus on the eyes is gone. I've moved him into the 220g with the H.N. She's a wild one so not sure how this is going to end. They equals in size.PXL_20210702_010044393~2.jpgPXL_20210702_010841909.MP~2.jpg

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Screwed up big. The H.N. beat up the Rotkiel so I moved him to the other tank. Now he is back in quarantine after another thrashing. Now I don't know what to do with him.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Some nice pics you got there. Great clear shots!

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Eggs look viable and so out of curiosity I put my hand in the tank near the spawn site. The G. Brasiliensis back off when I tried this but not the Sev's. They nipped at my fingers but no blood.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Went home for lunch and someone had eaten the eggs. I'm not totally disappointed as I think the G.B. are getting ready to spawn and I don't need a war zone.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
27SEP21: decided to pull the trigger and order 3 Heros Notatus from Dan's Fish in Sheridan,WY. These are listed as tank raised. I did request that he send me fish with the most body spotting possible. Total cost with shipping was $112.45. UPS overnight.
28SEP: Dan's fish will ship Thursday and will try to get me the spotted specimens I requested. Wish I could have chosen from pictures but oh well.

Smallest Sev in the collection right now is solo in a 29g and is starting to show he will be a nice looking Turquoise and is 4in ish.
Round 3 for the Turquoise pair in the 260g but the eggs do not look fertile.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Pics, pics, pics when the fish come in! lol

Look forward to seeing your new fish!

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I recieved an email from the seller stating that he is prepping them to ship tonight. Also, that there had been some typical cichlid spat between them and one is missing some scales which I'm not worried about. He is fairly certain that the largest one he is sending is a male. <3