Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet

fishloverRon said:
PokeSephiroth said:
Just had an idea, dunno if this was already used last year, but:

In addition to putting name tags, would it also be beneficial to have our wafishbox names as well?

I think it'd be easier for other people to identify others by their wafishbox names first, since that's how we communicate with one another on here =P

just a thought. hehehe...
Great Idea! We can do that!
Ron

If we decide to do something a little fancier than just "Hi My Name Is" sticker name tags....
I'm going to come up with a simple Name Tag thinger, for all of us to use, it does require some photo editing, (adding your name and/or Avatar) if you want. But I could also volunteer and work on some of them, then send em your way, all you have to do is just print it out :)

Here's what I have so far:

This is the sample, pretty self explanatory, it should be easy enough to copy and paste your wafishbox avatar onto the nametag in MS Paint, or some sort of picture editing software.

Here is what mine would look like:

And here is a blank one that you all can edit/print out. You could just print out a blank one, and write your names on the cards, either way :)

If anyone is incapable of editing the blank one, and would like one, let me know, and I can make one up for you, just shoot me a PM.

OR

If you just want a simple name tag, I s'pose you could just write your name and wafishbox name down on those sticker nametags. LOL... I just figured it'd be cool/neat to have a little WaFishBox nametag of our own, make us more "official" per se. lol!

Ha! But I did realize I separated the words and they should all run together.

Fishloverron!!

And, yes, they do love me! I treat them well!

FishloverRon, did you intentionally want the "space" inbetween Fishlover and Ron on your nametag?? Just wanted to make sure before I put it on there lol =P
Err... I ended up just making two. LOL. pick whichever you fancy the most.

FishloverRon
- Fishlover Ron

- FishloverRon
(Click to Enlarge)

Anyone else want one? Just lemme know here, or send me your details in a PM :)
I would suggest printing them out on Card Stock, or Laminating them, so that they can be used over and over again, for future SAAS events.
Then you can just tape a safety pin on the back, so you can pin it onto your shirt/clothing!

Who's bringing what to the SWAP?

I'm bringing a bunch of HOB filters and parts, some substrate, miscellaneous plant cuttings, colorful backing for various size tanks, aquarium salt, maybe a 20g tank or 2, and a lot of ''things''! Anyone looking for anything specific? I might have it for you.

I will be looking for a working Fluval Cannister filter, preferrably 300 series or higher. A Rena XP3 would suit me too. And another Evolve8 nano tank or SpecV.

Fishwise, contact me ahead of time if you have any nano-tank appropriate fish.

I will also be looking for some medium sized tetras for a friend's tank, and some clown loaches. Let me know what you have ahead of time, if you would.

Our first SWAP we held on Thanksgiving weekend was a total blast! We had about 70-80 peeps attend from all walks of life. I know of 2 that joined the GSAS because of the presence of many of their members there.

I love the idea of the nametags that Poke... has offered to do for us. They look great!

Texting, calling or emailing is great for me 25three-468-644five rondsower at gmail dot com

Great! I'm glad you like them! :) Hopefully we can get some sort of uniformity with name tags, if anyone is interested. hehe.

I'm currently looking for glass covers for a 10 gallon and 36 gallon bow front tank.

I will also be looking out for any plants and fish that are for sale (namely, Rummynose Tetras, Neons and Cardinals... possibly more Julii Corydoras)

I'm so excited!!! It needs to be March 9th, already!

Man, this sounds like alot of fun. I wish I could make it, but i will be working up untill the start time, and couldn't get there with any time to sell. Some one please take some photos of what this room looks like with all the fishy goodness.

Angelman

As requested, pic's from 1st event...

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

Is everyone getting ready? I am..! I got more ''stuff'' than I know what to do with and it's going to someone soon! What have you got?

So far I'm hearing shrimp, fish, & plants. Anyone besides me bringing any aquaria? Filters? Tubing? Substrate? Fishfood?

We have 2 LFS that plan to be there this time. Cory from his soon to open Aquarium Co-op in Edmunds, and Jonas from Sierra Pets in Renton. Cory was at our first SWAP in November. The fact that he's coming back now as an official LFS says what he thinks about this meet...! Thanks to both of you for supporting your local hobyists. We Love You for it. Let's all support these guys too!

An Poke... Thanks a lot for creating a nametag we can all identify with. If you can print off a bunch of blank ones we'll have our reception people hand them out. If you want to get a box of blank labels to do that I'll reimburse you.

Let's hear from you out there in the FishBox!

Anthraxx

AHHH! look at all the fish geeks! so many in such a small location. may have to make the trip up there this time. ron already twisted my arm lolz