Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet

Hi folks,

The next Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP will be on March 9, at the same venue (Kloshe Illahee Park Community Room) as the first one! We will hae the room from 2-6pm and tables are available. I have had a few signs made so am asking for a $5 donation from those of you that want to reserve a table. That will help pay for them. We'll collect non-perishable food again for those that want to donate and I'll take it to Multi-Family Services in Federal Way.

If you have extra items and livestock you want to trade, sell, give, then bring them! This is the place. We don't have the facilities to set up aquaria over 5 gallons. I discourage that due to the short time span and wood parkay floors!

We had a great time last time and a lot of people got a lot of stuff. And we all had fun!

Call, text or email me with questions or ideas. rondsower@gmail.com 253-468-6445

See you there!
Ron

Angelman

SAAS Swap Meet Rules
1. Admission 1 can good per person over age 10.
2. Payment for table(s) must be made BEFORE seller will be allowed to sell.
3. Admission fee will be waived for sellers – Limit 2 free admissions per table.
4. Sellers must wear name tags for the duration of the Swap Meet so they can be clearly identified.
5. No outside sales by non-registered sellers will be permitted.
6. Sellers must bring their own change, etc. Change will not be available.
7. Each seller may set their own policy as to whether or not they will accept checks, credit cards, etc.
8. No phone hookup for POS devices is available in sales room.
9. Electricity is available, but sellers must bring their own extension cords, multi-outlet strips, etc.
10. SAAS ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY SALES - All transactions are strictly between the seller and the buyer. SAAS is only providing table space and advertising.
11. SAAS reserves the right to refuse table space to anyone.
12. Seller is responsible for collecting any sales tax that may be due.
13. All equipment must be in working order, or be sold clearly labeled as “For Parts Only”
14. Leakers must be labeled as such.
15. NO cracked or dangerous tanks may be sold unless they are packaged in such a way as to render them safe for handling.
16. NO reptiles or amphibians may be sold.
17. No deformed, sick or illegal fish or plants may be sold.
18. Fish must be humanely and properly packaged for sale.
19. These rules are not all-inclusive. The Swap Meet chairs have the Final Authority.

Hey Madnes...YOu gonna be able to make it...I hope!
And Cichlid-gal?

I've finally gotten a lot of miscellaneous stuff out of my storage and am sorting it!

cichlid-gal

We were planning on March the 2nd but now that it's changed, we won't be able to make it...so sad. I was looking forward to it...maybe next time. We have a busy week the week of the 9th -17th ... so we will watch for future meets :)

Salzabar

Why the change in date and time? Just wondering since the new date will keep me from joining your swapmeet. I'll have to plan for next year.

Date was changed due to availability of the venue. There will be construction or something going on there on the 2nd.

It's unfortunate. I apologize for giving out the other date too soon. However, Aron (Angelman) and I don't plan for this to be the last one! We hope to make this an event every 3-4 months.

Your thoughts and input will be welcome. Feel free to contact me here or at rondsower@gmail.com.

Ron

Madness

Staff member
fishloverRon said:
Hey Madnes...YOu gonna be able to make it...I hope!
And Cichlid-gal?

I've finally gotten a lot of miscellaneous stuff out of my storage and am sorting it!
I should be making it, not sure if I will have a table, I will let you know.

Angelman

Tables are starting to fill.. Get them now before space runs out. Any question contact me or fishloverRon. I look foward to seeing you there

hawaiian opae

F/S CRS Shrimp-will be at aquarium swap meet

I will have CRS shrimp for sale at the aquarium swap meet on March 9th or call for prices to purchase now.

I will be looking around for anyone that might be selling any Rummynose Tetras :) if you're selling some at the swap, please let me know ahead of time! That would be wonderful! :D

Angelman

Seattle Area Aquarium Swap
Kloshe Illahee Clubhouse,
2500 South 370th Street, Federal Way 98003

March 9, 2013

Setup starts at 2:00 pm doors open to the public from 3 – 6 pm
and clean up and out the door at 7:00 pm​

Got extra fish? Too much Java Moss? Java Fern growing out of the tank? Sell ‘em! Got an extra tank in the attic or basement? Sell it!

Clean out the extra stuff in your fishroom or closet!
Or just looking for some great people to talk fish with or share some ideas. Then this event is here for you.

You can sell anything “fishy” or hobby related!

Fish, plants, tanks, equipment, books, magazines, foods, decorations, collectibles and more!
Tables are just $5 each. However, space is limited, so sign up early!

For information and registration, contact Ron Sower (aka fishloverRon) - rondsower@gmail.com or 253-468-6445 or Aron Jemison (aka Angelman) - arjemison@hotmail.com or 4257898851

SAAS Swap Meet Rules
1. Admission 1 can good per person over age 10.
2. Payment for table(s) must be made BEFORE seller will be allowed to sell.
3. Admission fee will be waived for sellers – Limit 2 free admissions per table.
4. Sellers must wear nametags for the duration of the Swap Meet so they can be clearly identified.
5. No outside sales by non-registered sellers will be permitted.
6. Sellers must bring their own change, etc. Change will not be available.
7. Each seller may set their own policy as to whether or not they will accept checks, credit cards, etc.
8. No phone hookup for POS devices is available in sales room.
9. Electricity is available, but sellers must bring their own extension cords, multi-outlet strips, etc.
10. SAAS ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY SALES - All transactions are strictly between the seller and the buyer. SAAS is only providing table space and advertising.
11. SAAS reserves the right to refuse table space to anyone.
12. Seller is responsible for collecting any sales tax that may be due.
13. All equipment must be in working order, or be sold clearly labeled as “For Parts Only”
14. Leakers must be labeled as such.
15. NO cracked or dangerous tanks may be sold unless they are packaged in such a way as to render them safe for handling.
16. NO reptiles or amphibians may be sold.
17. No deformed, sick or illegal fish or plants may be sold.
18. Fish must be humanely and properly packaged for sale.
19. These rules are not all-inclusive. The Swap Meet chairs have the Final Authority.

Just had an idea, dunno if this was already used last year, but:

In addition to putting name tags, would it also be beneficial to have our wafishbox names as well?

I think it'd be easier for other people to identify others by their wafishbox names first, since that's how we communicate with one another on here =P

just a thought. hehehe...

PokeSephiroth said:
Just had an idea, dunno if this was already used last year, but:

In addition to putting name tags, would it also be beneficial to have our wafishbox names as well?

I think it'd be easier for other people to identify others by their wafishbox names first, since that's how we communicate with one another on here =P

just a thought. hehehe...
Great Idea! We can do that!
Ron

Wonderful! I'll come with a name tag with my name and online alias. :) It will be nice putting a face to all your wafishbox names! :)