Second Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP meet

Salzabar

Great turn out everyone. Nice to put a face with the name thanks to PokeSephiroth.
Also a big Thanks to Ron. He made sure everyone knew about GSAS and invited them to show up on Tuesday for our next open meeting. A real nice guy. Everyone who had tables were polite and generous with their time. I thank you all for that. Cory made sure I had enough cookies cause a fat guy like me can't just eat 6 and feel satisfied. :lol:
Next time I need to set up a table for my stuff. I could fill 3 tables and not get all of it from the garage.

Wow. I must say...that was... quite the experience! It was a pleasure meeting everyone at the Swap! So much fun, I'm glad I went! Got to meet lots of cool people, and see what they had to offer. Very cool event. It was definitely worth the trip from Bremerton!

Thank you so much everyone! I'm already excited for the next one!

MikeB

was great meeting you all and thanks again for your time making badges poke, huge thanks to ron for putting it on, and in general for everyone showing up.. really made my day even if i missed the sun outside

A

Anonymous

Did y'all see the clown fish in the 5gallon bucket rubbing against the anemone? I love the symbiotic relationship between these two species. I have a feeling a reef tank is in my future...

MikeB

was great seeing everyone, already thinking about the next one and how to better plan for it.. hard to set up a table when you want to see everyones goodies... hope to see you all on tuesday for gsas.. if anyone is going to this as well let me know maybe some more name tags and or somthing.. ps loved the idea of avatars on the badges its hard remembering names, forum names and avatars... please dont take offence if i say somthing like hey are you the fire bender due or the jester dude.. ill add my own avatar as well soon enouph :)

Hahaha! that's exactly why I wanted to put avatars on the nametags, because I also find it hard to identify people just by their names, or online nicknames. The avatars really help identify who is who. :) I totally don't mind being called a fire bender. lol, I love spinning fire as another hobby!

So, to those who didn't get a name tag for this swap, please let me know if you'd like one! Just send me your info, and I'll have one ready for ya for the next swap!

Ron, your plants are awesome, and thank you so much for all the info you've given me! :)

Thanks to all that showed up for the fun! It made my day, week, month... There were several people there that were new to or restarting the hobby (like I did 2 years ago), and they got good starts today. Lots of helpful info floating, no, flying through the room.

I appreciate the donations for the table space. Got about half the signs paid for and I'm good with that.

Speaking of donations...we've got over 2x as much food for MultiServices in Federal Way. I'll be taking it over to them this week. This is heartwarming folks.

Poke...you rocked with the nametags. Thanks so much.

Thanks for those that showed early and helped with the tables - JesseM (our newest daddy) was big on that one.

And now for the behind the scenes folks....
Aron (angelman) had an emergency and couldn't be here with us. He has been instrumental in promoting on Craigslist and Facebook. As I asked around when people arrived I learned a lot of them saw us on those places. He was totally devastated he couldn't be here.

Brian Oliver was instumental in getting awareness on the Reefbuilders forum and that produced some saltwater enthusiasts as table people and visitors.

Thanks to Jacob Hall of PSAS for getting our event published in their newsletter.

The wonderful redhead that registered people at the first table as you entered was Barbara Braaten, a close friend. She volunteered this morning when she heard Aron wasn't going to be here.

The cleanup crew consisted of Barbara, her husband, Stan, and my wonderful supporting wife, Linda. I thought I was going to have to do it myself and they just jumped right in and did it. Stan and Barbara are newly back into the hobby, and Linda really enjoys the fruits of my aquarium labor.

There were a lot of good conversations about many aspects of this wonderful fishkeeping hobby.

We are looking ahead to the next one folks and if any of you have any ideas, thoughts or suggestions, please PM me or Aron (Angelman) with them. We're open to getting others involved in planning and preparations if you you want to join us.

It was great to put faces with names. Now all I gotta do is try to put them together the next time we meet up!

Looking forward to seeing all of you at the next one.

Ron, you're super for doing this, and I really enjoyed the entire event. Got to meet our fellow fishbox members, and made some really good friends along the way. This truly was a magnificent event, and I'm happy to say that I'm already looking forward to meeting you all again soon!

Aron, I'm going to tackle you at the next swap, to hand over your nametag :) same goes for you cuiashidor3. lol!

To the rest of the people that I met at the swap, who asked for a nametag, you are all awesome! Let's keep this wonderful hobby alive, and continue to spread the love of aquarium keeping! Cheers!

BillHN

theChad said:
Did y'all see the clown fish in the 5gallon bucket rubbing against the anemone? I love the symbiotic relationship between these two species. I have a feeling a reef tank is in my future...
Me and my wife saw that, and she yelled out "OMG IT'S NEMO!" I lol'd xD

Spyral

Me either...damn.[/quote]

LOL......Spyral! Just a "short" drive for you in the vett.[/quote]

The Z06 is nice, but she's being traded in on a ZR1. I've had the Z06 for a year now, time for something new!

Not sure yet.  I want to have one this summer, but we can't use the clubhouse any more.  We did some damage to the floors at the last meet. Looks like something heavy was dropped and made a pretty big gouge in the parkay.  We'd just had the floors refinished for $10K and it didn't set to well with management.

I was going to try to hold it this month, but time has gotten away from me. 

I'm thinking about July or August.  I'm not interested in turning this into a commercial event where we have to pay rent and table fees. A donation of $5 each would help finish paying for some signs I had made.  We can hold it outdoors here on the tennis court below the clubhouse and not have any costs involved.  Everyone will need to bring their own water, chairs, & table, and we can probably have one long extension cord for electricity if anyone is really going to need it.

I'd like feedback from the forum.  How about all of you pipe in here and let me know what you think.  There is so much good support for this from all you Fishboxers, it's really important to hear from you.

Thanks for asking, Bin.....Ron

A

Anonymous

Depending on time, location and what we can be sure will be there(we'd be driving from Skagit), Kaosu & I would come...

If this happens on a tuesday/thursday i can bring an entire table of aquatic plants. But i understand that, that time doesnt work for a lot of people.