My catfish

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I own cories and never really researched them, just liked the look of the species I chose and bought them. I was just looking up a little info on the Bronze and they said they can easily live 10 years plus! Also it suggested a larger group of at least 8 and that their behavior really shines in a large group. Maybe I should add a couple to my group and see what happens... how many do you have in that tank? Anything you did in particular that you think trigger spawning like cold water change?

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I own cories and never really researched them, just liked the look of the species I chose and bought them. I was just looking up a little info on the Bronze and they said they can easily live 10 years plus! Also it suggested a larger group of at least 8 and that their behavior really shines in a large group. Maybe I should add a couple to my group and see what happens... how many do you have in that tank? Anything you did in particular that you think trigger spawning like cold water change?
I have more than 8 for sure. Larger ones are around 2in and smaller over an 1in. There are a couple albino, unsure species, and couple others that have spotted faces which were given to me. I did a water change on Monday, iirc, and forgot to plug the heater back in(tank is usually 78-80F).

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
My all time favorite cory is Scleromystax barbatus. Reminds me of a little dwarf like giraffe catfish with the more elongated face and body. But I guess they are not as group friendly or social like the other cories. Maybe one day I will own one/some if I have the tank space for it...

Keep us updated on the eggs, would really love to see how these progress.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
My all time favorite cory is Scleromystax barbatus. Reminds me of a little dwarf like giraffe catfish with the more elongated face and body. But I guess they are not as group friendly or social like the other cories. Maybe one day I will own one/some if I have the tank space for it...

Keep us updated on the eggs, would really love to see how these progress.
Dan's Fish has 4 of these and I almost ordered them. I passed when I saw that they don't do well together.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
AP has a Pterodoras granulosus that has been there for a couple weeks or more. I'm super tempted to acquire it. It would get housed in the 260g which is the only tank that could hold it long term.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
So, while they do not school together they are out and very active. I can feed a 1/4tspn of .5mm fry pellets and the will enter the feeding frenzy with the H. Multispinosa fry.PXL_20211126_023159723.jpg

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
So these are not S. American but South East Asia. Either, Akysis prashadi or Akysis vespa. I posted pics to planetcatfish and one of the moderators replied.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I called Pet Works to see if they had the Latin name for the new cats but they didn't. Even tried checking the supplier's list. Did have a good chat though and we are leaning towards Akysis prashadi. They escaped out of the fry box and into the pleco tank so I had to remove all the branches and caves to find them. They are now in the 29g with the woodcats.