My catfish

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
A little bit of what's in the bag?PXL_20211022_235707317.jpg
New spotted Rafael that was a $weet deal from Pet Works. Someone surrendered it so $15 later it is mine.PXL_20211022_235714231.jpg
My other raf's
PXL_20211022_193135313.MP.jpgPXL_20211022_193219001.jpgPXL_20211022_193313116.jpg
This one was less interested in posing for the camera
PXL_20211022_193341326.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I had seen your posting on MFK asking about these. I think the OP was a Washington guy from Snohomish? Im not sure if he ever was a fishbox member but he hasnt been active on the forums in years... always makes you wonder if they are still in the hobby or have just moved past talking fish on the forums.

But lots of cool catfish you've acquired lately!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah an old member here @knifegill, joined in like 2010 and active for a little bit but nothing since, Cant believe the "Last seen:" thing, we have pretty much determined that that is not accurate

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
@fishguy1978, Now that the hoplo are settled in, how is their behavior? Do you see schooling activity?

Im at a point where I am wondering if I want two more to have a trio to keep with my Oscar or just keep the one with the cories in the 46g and let him be.

Also any difference in treatment of each other with the one being albino? (lol, that question sounds racist)

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
@fishguy1978, Now that the hoplo are settled in, how is their behavior? Do you see schooling activity?

Im at a point where I am wondering if I want two more to have a trio to keep with my Oscar or just keep the one with the cories in the 46g and let him be.

Also any difference in treatment of each other with the one being albino? (lol, that question sounds racist)
I haven't seen them school but they hide from the Rainbow cichlids together. The Rainbows aren't very tolerant.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't seen them school but they hide from the Rainbow cichlids together. The Rainbows aren't very tolerant.
Mine solo hoplo tends to just get into the thick of it when feeding with the cories. Social behavior at least, maybe that is "schooling" behavior, I dont know. Just not sure yet about adding two more. Likely I would just add two more albino ones from Wet Spot stock if I decide to go that route.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Mine solo hoplo tends to just get into the thick of it when feeding with the cories. Social behavior at least, maybe that is "schooling" behavior, I dont know. Just not sure yet about adding two more. Likely I would just add two more albino ones from Wet Spot stock if I decide to go that route.
I did see an albino at Pet Works on my last visit.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
The cory cats in the planted 55g spawned yesterday. I found multiple egg locations on the glass and on a crypt leaf. Some of the eggs had been eaten. I am going to remove the female krib, swordtails and the juvenile BNP to see if I can get them to spawn again successfully.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I checked the cory eggs before the lights came on this morning using a flashlight. There are live eggs on the front pane and I was able to see the embryo moving.
What species of cory are these? I have the sterbai which are kind of pricey, would love for them to breed!