March Northwest Aquarium Swap Meet - New Thread!

A

Anonymous

Aquarium Co-Op said:
What is everyone hoping to find at the swap? Trying to decide if I drag lights down this time or not etc.
I need another 24" Ray2 or the equivalent. But not sure if I'll be making the Swap. I'll probably end up comming into the store for one soon.

Ali

I'm going just to chat and put faces to names more than anything, take a turn at the registration table to help out. I'm on call that day to be a goat midwife so can't buy any fish in case I need to dash off to a barn, don't want to leave them stranded in a bag.

Might try some Paradigm Graze if Madness has extras, cheap used heaters to have as backups, of course always interested in plants that can manage to stay alive in my tanks :)

Ali, I really appreciate your offer to help at the registration table. I'll have all the forms ready and you'll just smile and ask people to sign in!

Anyone else want to help for 30-45 minutes at the table?

Knutsen1122

So I just found out that my wife made plans for the 22nd :(. I ordered 2 lbs of southern delight and was hoping that someone in my area could scoop it up for me so I can grab it closer instead of driving to puyallup to get it from madness. I'm in lynnwood, if anyone in my area is willing to do this for me it would be much appreciated!!!

Madness

Staff member
Knutsen1122 said:
So I just found out that my wife made plans for the 22nd :(. I ordered 2 lbs of southern delight and was hoping that someone in my area could scoop it up for me so I can grab it closer instead of driving to puyallup to get it from madness. I'm in lynnwood, if anyone in my area is willing to do this for me it would be much appreciated!!!

What Colin? Those wife things always get in the way. ;) lol If you can arrange it, just let me know we can figure something out. I could probably mail it to u in one of the priority boxes for like $15 too.

flamechica

I should be going, provided that nothing weird comes up between now and then, but I told my hubby that this is going on and he knows it is priority. LOL! Since I am in Everett, I could pick up that food for ya Colin.

Knutsen1122

Madness said:
Knutsen1122 said:

What Colin? Those wife things always get in the way. ;) lol If you can arrange it, just let me know we can figure something out. I could probably mail it to u in one of the priority boxes for like $15 too.
Right!!! Haha we'll I'm sure I can work something out! Thanks Shawn!!

Knutsen1122

flamechica said:
I should be going, provided that nothing weird comes up between now and then, but I told my hubby that this is going on and he knows it is priority. LOL! Since I am in Everett, I could pick up that food for ya Colin.
That would be awesome!!! Let me know if something comes up. I'll keep in touch when we get closer to the weekend! Thank you!!!!

gnats

Is anyone planning to bring Christmas moss to the swap? Please let me know! I will be bringing angelfish :D
Thanks!

As I sit here in the sunshine and 70+F weather by the pool at our cousin's home in San Antonio, I'm thinking about you poor souls braving the rain and chill there in the Seattle area today. However, my excitement for returning home is fueled by the fact that the NW Aquarium Swap Meet is a week from today. I'm thoroughly looking forward to seeing many of you again and trading ideas, fish, plants and a good time for 3-4 hours!

By the time I get home in a couple days I will have a lot of trimming to do and I'll be removing some corys from on of my tanks to make room for more. I'm also going to have a few pieces of equipment, including a working digital TDS meter to sell.

Is anyone bringing any panda and/or Sterbai corys? I'll also be looking for some interesting new plants I can cultivate!

Cheers from the Alamo!

flamechica

fishloverRon said:
As I sit here in the sunshine and 70+F weather by the pool at our cousin's home in San Antonio, I'm thinking about you poor souls braving the rain and chill there in the Seattle area today.

Oh sure just rub it in why don't you....LOL! Oh well....we just got our long awaited hot tub installed (took us almost a year after buying it to get it in!) and got to use it last night for the first time, so guess I can't complain too much. I could care less if it is raining as long as I am in that nice warm hot tub with its awesome jets. :D

I am very excited to go to this swap meet. This will be my first one, so not really sure what to expect, but I am sure it will be great and I can't wait. It is coming at a great time since I have the hex on the verge of being ready (hopefully this week it will be getting set up) and hopefully tomorrow will get a 29g tank for free and will get a 20L to upgrade my frogs to as well.

Is there anyone else out there who would help for 30-45 minutes at the registration table for this event? I could use 2 more people.

Also, I have 2 tables left. If you want one, now is the time to let me know.

Pleco Jim

Hi guys. I just signed up for the forum. Found it by trying to find info on the swap meet I heard about. My wife and I will be stopping in. I'm curious if there is a list or vendors or products that can be seen. And what kind of fish to expect. is anyone going to have shrimp? Also if there is still lack of help w the registation table my wife says she would like to volunteer for 30 to 45 min.

KaraWolf

Not really unless you go through this thread and any you've seen recently of people sharing what they are bringing. Think massive multi-person garage sale mostly.
I know Im bringing endler livebearers, there is usually a table of awesome angelfish, last time there were multis/shellies but it changes each time :)

Pleco Jim

Endlers is one of the fish I was hoping to see. I just picked up some El silveraldos. And I have double reds. What do you have available?

KaraWolf

I have breeding trios of yellow/orange tiger endlers. :) and they throw gold bodied ones though Im planning on keeping the gold bodied males I currently have.