Let's see those puffers!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Just a long overdue pic of the Scruffy monster.
IMG_20170724_205307897.jpg

Last edited:

FishBeast

It just amazes me how these guys inflate themselves up. Ive heard some never see their puffers ever puff up, mine do it all the time.
I read somewhere that they do it randomly to exercise/flex the elastic tissues of the stomach :) How've you been, my friend?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I read somewhere that they do it randomly to exercise/flex the elastic tissues of the stomach :) How've you been, my friend?
I excerise/flex my elastic stomach tissues by eating a big meal, lol.

Been well, just busy at work and doing chores around the house. How about you? Just saw you getting more active on the forums again...

FishBeast

I excerise/flex my elastic stomach tissues by eating a big meal, lol.

Been well, just busy at work and doing chores around the house. How about you? Just saw you getting more active on the forums again...
Same here... mostly working. I just tend to get busier during winter so I can’t go online much hehe. Things ease up mid-spring through summer ☺️

FishBeast

Scruffy on her perch looking for prey
vcl88.jpg

xd5jie.jpg
Great shots of a pretty gal!!

discus_2013

Yeah I have 3 fish in the running for my 260g 7’x30”x24” but it will likely end in me getting more tanks lol. I watched this little mbu for a few month as it came into the store very sick, but it has turned a positive corner and it eats like a champ in my tank (2 clams a day + as many snails as I will give it) definitely a lot more personality than my Congo puffer I had in the past.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Ive only kept the lurkers like my Hairy and Arrowhead so Im used to the personality. Not the most outgoing but still super interactive when they see me. I would love to try my hand at a active type puffer like a Mbu or Fahaka but just dont have the tank. My 300 is a show tank and is tall so with a 24” wide footprint it does limit me. Almost makes me wish I had done the 30” wide when I had it built. But really had no option for that since my space was only able to handle the 24”. I could end up doing a Fahaka in there one day...

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
They had both fahaka and mbu puffers at aquarium paradise in Lakewood last Thursday when I was in there.... they are so cute when they are small ( they also had the pea puffers but those are too small)

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Are all of the larger freshwater puffers solitary tank residents? Now that I have a 220(72x24x30) my 9yr old is pushing me to do a puffer. I don’t want a large tank dedicated to just one fish.