Got the ball rolling... new fish in the works

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Will try and shoot some when he settles in tonight, but have to charge up my camera battery.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Stopped by the house so....

Funny angle but you can see he is 'hairy'. His little belly is sticking out cause I fed him a few small earthworms. Pretty good that he ate so soon after getting him.

Another shot, bad angle makes him look a bit elongated.

One more with no flash, this guy can blend right into the gravel!

A

Anonymous

It does kind of look like that tater DMD123. This guy is awesome!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys. He is very active right now and has not hid at all. His little attitude is awesome. Maybe a Fahaka is in my future...

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
So totally weird but the little guy ate thawed krill. I guess just the falling motion was enough to trigger feeding. This is great, I thought I would have a battle getting it off live food but does not seem like it will be an issue.

Anthraxx

if that doesnt work im sure a small oyster style fork would be fine to kinda jiggle it in front of him, maybe attached to a dowel to get down deeper.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
After the potato reference I just want to call him Mr. Potato Head lol. I like the most recent up close pictures. I didn't realize their mouths are a little more up. My puffers is right at the end of his body.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
They look like that are one giant head with a little tiny body. And the face totally reminds me of a puppy. The only thing I was not expecting was that after they eat the belly get a weird distortion for a little bit before it all kind of goes back to normal. Very elastic tummy.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, very disturbing looking for sure. Almost looks like something is wrong.  :superpuke: