Forum Posting Contest. Rewarding those who are active.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
To reward those who are staying active in the forum this month while we regroup and get more members etc. We'll be running a contest.

We added a new feature on the sidebar as some of you have noticed. "Top Posting users this month". We've got 4 prizes that we'll be giving away at random for the top 10 posters at the end of the month. So just because you're 1st or 10th won't matter. You'll have the same chance as others.

Disclaimer: Posts should be of quality. Simply posting "lol" "looks good" etc should be avoided. The goal of this competition is to ad good discussion to the forum.

It's up to us to build the forum. I can supply the prize support, but we need each member's help to build it up.

Prizes:
$25 gift card to Aquarium Co-Op
4oz bag of Shrimp Souffle by Repashy
2 pack of seaweed clips - great for your plecos
10.75oz container of shrimp pellets.

All prizes can be picked up in store and will not be shipped out due to cost.

Good luck.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Great idea on adding this feature. I do like seeing who is active on the side. Haha, you can always tell when madness is busy with school ( when he is not at the top) and when certain topics are hot spots based on who's participating. Adding a prize is a bonus everyone will enjoy,but not necessary to my continued use of this forum. Thanks for your generosity!!!!

On a side note, (not meant to derail) have you decided to open a second store in the south sound yet? I would be your first customer ..... Hint hint hint.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice incentive to keep the forum active. Thank you for your generosity in providing prizes.

MorganEA

I agree with Lloyd! I would love to support a locally owned fish store but it is a long drive up there :tongue: 

Madness

Staff member
SiRWesDragon said:
C'mon. This is not a post. Your cheating already, and the rules are 2 posts above you. :x :x :x :x :x  What are we going to do with you now? :violent: :nutkick: 

I like the idea Cory, sorry about not responding to the idea last night, I crashed before I saw you pm. I have got to make it up North. :wall: :wall: 

A

Anonymous

madness said:
SiRWesDragon said:
C'mon. This is not a post.  Your cheating already, and the rules are 2 posts above you.  :x :x :x :x :x   What are we going to do with you now?  :violent: :nutkick: 

I like the idea Cory, sorry about not responding to the idea last night, I crashed before I saw you pm.  I have got to make it up North.  :wall: :wall: 
What the. Thats a post. :D 

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Lol , we're off to a great start already I see. I still have another contest to start on here also, just been busy with customers today :)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
So 'sweet' was not acceptable... dude

Sorry but 'Dude wheres my car?' came to mind... :lmfao: 

Cool contest! Lets turn it up :spoton: 

Should there also be a rule that if you win something this month, then the next month you aren't eligible? I s'pose it wouldn't really matter, since it's a "drawing" of some sorts. But, I figure, at least, the top 3 users will most likely be the same every month. =P

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Prizes are random, so only 4 out of 10 will win. Does not mean it will be the same winners. Seems very fair to me.

cichlid-gal

I'm not much of a poster...maybe once a day and sometimes short posts so now I'll have to be quiet even more I guess...but I LOVE reading all the posts. Great information here always. So where is the contest for biggest reader Cory? No fair, I say NO FAIR!!!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

Right now there are ten people hoping they are in the top four.......

MRTom

Yes! We want treats for October too! How about the winner's choice of Betta from the awesome display?