Fishy Arts and Crafts!

A

Anonymous

:clap: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

That loOks amazing Angelo. Love the aquascape. You definitely took this up a notch from your first one. Definitely a show piece. Is this going to that pet store you where talking about in previous threads? I think they will be very impressed!

Did you make any for the GSAS auction? You R a GSAS member aren't you?

Thanks fishNAbowl! Yep, this is the one that's going to The Pet Works, in Olympia. :)$250 for this one. (woo hoo!!)

I'm not sure if I'm making one for the GSAS auction.
While, I know it's for a good cause, I've noticed that a LOT of artwork doesn't sell very high at auctions, quite sadly...because the artwork I've seen at the auctions are simply beautiful, and they're being auctioned off for a song. :(

Not to mention, I can't make it to those auctions, since I work on those days. Heh. heh. heh. =P

I think...... I think I'm going to try this....
[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/3IDEBsxGRGk" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

Oh boy...What have I got myself into now...

Careful.... careful.... caaaaaaareful....

Thank you, Donna! The Koi are done and have finished baking in the oven... they came out... well, I'd say 8/10 . . . they could have looked better, but for making these for the first time, I think they look rather dandy. :D

Time to make the rest of the stuff, and then find some resin (I wasn't able to buy any at the craft store because the one they had was WAY TOO OVERPRICED for my budget. Hehehe)

Thanks, Donna!! :) all I have to do is add resin..which, I don't have yet...so... that'll have to wait for now. hehehe...

Here's another concept I had in mind... Not too sure if I actually like this one, because it looks like I'm trying too hard to make it look too real... I like the small wooden box, because it has that "cute" factor.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I like this one:

It looks almost as if you caught a Pokemon.

Thanks DMD123! Haha, if I made one out of blue clay, it would totally be a pokemon. A Wooper, in fact! :)
giphy.gif

tumblr_mwsy1qlqpK1shciyso2_500.gif

tumblr_mwsy1qlqpK1shciyso4_r1_500.gif

Aaaand...here's another. Both layers of resin have finally cured. Yay!

Couple of things I would have wanted to do differently:
-Use a deeper container/pond, so you can differentiate the different layers, so that Koi and Lillies are visibly on different levels.
-MOAR KOI!!!
-I like cheese.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
PokeSephiroth said:
Aaaand...here's another. Both layers of resin have finally cured. Yay!

Couple of things I would have wanted to do differently:
-Use a deeper container/pond, so you can differentiate the different layers, so that Koi and Lillies are visibly on different levels.
-MOAR KOI!!!
-I like cheese.
I can kinda see how the deeper 'pond' would work better for the depth views. But I can definitely see the cheese thing! Haha. :D was I the only one to catch that? Seriously let me know how much you'd sell one for like this. I like the natural pond effect better than the box. But everyone's views are different. Could you put one in a candle holder that look like a mini betta bowl? Could give a beat effect too. Just an idear

A

Anonymous

Super cool Poke! Was fun watching the video. Looks like a tedious process but the end result is so neat.

Missgrumpygills, I missed this post. That painting is AMAZING! Good job, I hope you keep with painting you definately have what it takes to be a great painter.