Fishy Arts and Crafts!

fishNAbowl: That's kinda what I did with the substrate, I sprinkled it over the foam block that was drenched in glue, but I think silicone would've been better... I just didn't have any on hand. LOL.

I'm thinking of other ways to make the substrate though. And maybe I will do a smaller shadow box, so that it's not as intricate. Although, a nice big one does look pretty neat in its own right. I want to make it so that the substrate has different levels, so that it's not just flat.

:D thanks for the extra motivation!

cichlid-gal

Love your idea and end result Angelo. It's already unique and new. Work on your refinements until you feel you have what you are looking for. Keep at it. Those will be a sellable piece of art I'm sure.

Thanks Donna! I'm still wondering how I'm going to do the substrate in a more practical manner. :D I will definitely keep working on it!

MorganEA: Wow! That is so amazing! So beautiful, and very unique! I love how they're all different! I bet it feels super comfy too! :D

Bamboo Shrimp!!!

I tried making shrimp out of non-bendy straws, and tried using the straws that are bigger and thicker... they turned out pretty well...I think I could make them as crayfish, than shrimp. I just need to figure out how to make the pinchers without having to use another straw, or having to tape or glue the pinchers onto the main body. Still a challenge I'm working on. :D

I can't believe I'm still addicted at making these... I went and put googly eyes on this one. I was hesitant at first, because it kinda makes them look more cartoony, but I think they look cuter with the eyes! :D

[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/wjtPC2lpmgw" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

swamp-rat

Anyone that goes to the GSAS meetings has probably seen my latest 'arts and crafts' projects:

Sunshine aka Goldie Pleco:
1525061_10151837769961254_589175431_n.jpg

Albino Sterbai Cory:
1526295_10151835664036254_1084791037_n.jpg

Gold Nugget Pleco:
1549480_10151813524861254_1587831597_n.jpg

Sterbai Cory:
1483257_10151777837131254_402808107_n.jpg

PS, I take commissions.  Name your fish and I'll tell you if I can make it.  /shamelessplug

In my pursuit of creating different types of Straw Shrimp :D . . . I tried to make a Crystal Red Shrimp, and thought that I could use Liquid White Out to "paint" the shrimp... but it turned out a bit chunky, as the white out started to dry up. Maybe next time I will try colored nail polish. :D

Now... to try and make Tiger Shrimp... If only, I could get access to CLEAR bendy straws... Then I could also make Ghost Shrimp :D

My 2nd attempt at making more realistic looking straw shrimp. The Cardinal Shrimp is one of my favorite freshwater shrimp. That gave me enough inspiration to see if I could paint how it looks, onto my straw shrimp. I'm rather pleased with the outcome! :)

I tried doing a King Kong Shrimp, and that did NOT turn out well. So..... yeah. I need more practice, but I'm slowly getting there! Practice makes "almost perfect!" hahaha  :bounce: 

Thank you, Donna! I tried making a Tiger Shrimp, but.....it... doesn't...look like one... for some reason.
It may be, because I was using a yellow straw, but it's the closest thing I have at my disposal that's closest to being "clear" . . . hahaha... Now I just have to find clear bendy straws, and I'll be set!

With all this shrimp making... I will strive to become as awesome as these two ladies! LOL
[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/syTHxPzY7Qo" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

I don't even know what this thing is... but it's gotta be aquatic, right? I mean, it looks like an Octopus.... Alien..... thing!

[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/RKFkzOfm3iQ" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

cichlid-gal

Here's a couple of my fishy arts and crafts

First photoshopped t-shirt with our lovely Chadette on it (she was just a baby here)

And here are some jewelry pieces...my 1st fishy pieces (they are larger than I would like but I didn't have the right shaped small cabachons)

Mystery Jasper Fish

Petrified wood from Lake Tahoe Whale???  well kinda...LOL