Fishy Arts and Crafts!

A

Anonymous

+ 1 for all the awesome fishy art :)

Poke, your a NUT! I wanna FLIPPER TOOOOOOOO!!!

Donna, WOW!

Swamp-rat, those fishes are right-on!

I have to say though, she who quilts or knits is a keEper!! +1

I ran out of votes...lol

Got clear plastic straws. That means I can make Ghost Shrimp and Tiger Shrimp now! :D
I have access to black bendy straws now. That means I can possibly make king kong shrimp, that don't look ugly! :D

MorganEA

Thank you FishNAbowl lol most people think quilting is for old people so I don't usually share my hobby with people

cichlid-gal said:
Love this one Angelo....saweeet!!!
 :hugg: Thanks! Been trying to think of other shrimp to do, and I'm running out of ideas... which is odd, considering that there are so many shrimp types out there. Any ideas?

Missgrumpygills

MorganEA said:
Thank you FishNAbowl lol most people think quilting is for old people so I don't usually share my hobby with people
Having a sister who quilts has its advantages... I get quilts out of the deal :spoton:  I pick the fabric and pattern and she cranks it out in a couple of days :9*:

A

Anonymous

Missgrumpygills said:
MorganEA said:
Having a sister who quilts has its advantages... I get quilts out of the deal :spoton:  I pick the fabric and pattern and she cranks it out in a couple of days :9*:
Lol. A pampered life it must be  :D

Welps... I finally found more shadow boxes, ones that are smaller, and are far more manageable to create scapes with. I decided to ditch the "substrate" idea, because I hated dealing with the mess... I find that it works pretty well, even without the substrate. But who knows...maybe somewhere down the road, I'll eventually find a way to add substrate without making such a huge mess :D

Anywho... enjoy! I'd love to eventually make more of these to sell! That would be awesome if it were a big hit!

pbmax

Wow, fantastic! I'm just reading this thread for the first time; I love the straw shrimp, Angelo!  :cheers:  :plus1:

A

Anonymous

:shock: - OMG!

The time spent on these would make it tough to put a price on these unique art pieces. I really like the one in the last picture Angelo . If you make some to sell or whatever it might be fun to put one in the upcoming large GSAS auction just to see what it fetches.

AWESOME!!  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

fishNAbowl said:
:shock: - OMG!

The time spent on these would make it tough to put a price on these unique art pieces. I really like the one in the last picture Angelo . If you make some to sell or whatever it might be fun to put one in the upcoming large GSAS auction just to see what it fetches.

AWESOME!!  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I have someone who placed an order for their pet store that will be opening in Olympia in about a month or so. They wanted 15-30 shrimp, in a shadow box, and their budget was about $500. I'm so stoked! :D I've been popping out shrimp out of my ears like no ones business!  :bounce: 

pbmax, thanks!! I'm glad you were able to stumble into this topic! We've got lots of amazing artists in our group! :)

A

Anonymous

PokeSephiroth said:
I have someone who placed an order for their pet store that will be opening in Olympia in about a month or so. They wanted 15-30 shrimp, in a shadow box, and their budget was about $500. I'm so stoked! :DI've been popping out shrimp out of my ears like no ones business!  :bounce: 

:shock: - WoOOOOOooooow!

pbmax

PokeSephiroth said:
I have someone who placed an order for their pet store that will be opening in Olympia in about a month or so. They wanted 15-30 shrimp, in a shadow box, and their budget was about $500. I'm so stoked! :DI've been popping out shrimp out of my ears like no ones business!  :bounce: 
Someone's opening a fish store in Oly??  Crazy talk.  :suspect:

... AND ... nicely done. :)

pbmax: Not a fish store, but a pet store, so yes, it will have fish... but it will also have cats and dogs, maybe birds? LOL. The store is called "The Pet Works".

Thanks KaraWolf! :D

fishNAbowl: Indeed!

Finished another project, that a customer ordered a while back. Man... I finally figured out how to do the substrate!! I also added some LED lights for accent lighting. I think this one turned out pretty well :) I hope my customer likes it!