BNP

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
A 55g wasn't big enough. I think the aggression is what caused the loss of all.
Were you able to rehome the leopard frog plec's?
I was surprised at how aggressive the bristle nose pleco could be. The large calico male I got from you had to be separated from my Raphael cat and 2 other BN due to its aggression. I found the cats fins torn on afew occasions. This BN also would case my RTM growouts. The Albino BN male and female are both very well behaved.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I was surprised at how aggressive the bristle nose pleco could be. The large calico male I got from you had to be separated from my Raphael cat and 2 other BN due to its aggression. I found the cats fins torn on afew occasions. This BN also would case my RTM growouts. The Albino BN male and female are both very well behaved.
I laugh every time I see someone post ads on CL for "peaceful" BNP.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I laugh every time I see someone post ads on CL for "peaceful" BNP.
They can be little bullies for sure. Strangely my albinos are very calm and no issues with aggression (yet, lol) and the one is getting the facial features that say male.

Ive never raised the rubberlip plecos but could they be a more peaceful pleco alternative?

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
They can be little bullies for sure. Strangely my albinos are very calm and no issues with aggression (yet, lol) and the one is getting the facial features that say male.

Ive never raised the rubberlip plecos but could they be a more peaceful pleco alternative?
I'm not sure. I haven't kept those successfully.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Delivered 3 batches of fry to (20ish) Martin Henry's, (20ish) Aquarium Paradise, and 50 Pet Works. I told the fellow at Pet Works that credit for a dozen would suffice but he counted them all. Definitely going back.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Thats a lot of plecos! Now you have room to raise more, lol