BNP

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
Yikes! Veggie kabobs! Do you do anything like that for the silver dollars?

Today is 'treat day' (any date that is divisible by 5) in my fish room- Romaine lettuce for the Tropheus, frozen brine shrimp for the featherfins and Xeno's. :)

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Yikes! Veggie kabobs! Do you do anything like that for the silver dollars?

Today is 'treat day' (any date that is divisible by 5) in my fish room- Romaine lettuce for the Tropheus, frozen brine shrimp for the featherfins and Xeno's. :)

Yes, one kabob went in the 220g primarily for the large pleco but the SD do go after it some. I also feed them romaine hearts as well.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Pulled a fry batch from the 90g and into a grow tank. Estimate 40+ in there. I’m considering turning the 90 into a BN only tank so I can leave the fry in there.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I have had two batches of fry from the Piebalds in the 90g since my last update. One batch stayed in as we were headed out of town on vacation and I’m not sure that any survivors exist. Second batch is in a grow tank.
On @clownie’s advice I purchased some watering spikes off Amazon and added 2 to the 90g and 4 to the 55g. They measure just under 7in long and 1.5in opening. I noticed one of the BNP Green dragon females looked grid so hopefully they will be getting it on with some swanky digs. I lost my Barry White record to over use by the other guys :D
DE22EB80-9B65-44B0-A4DC-27FB8F0F0637.jpeg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I looked up those watering spikes and they are very good priced pleco caves! Nice info on that. Thanks @clownie and @fishguy1978 for sharing that tip.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
My male just popped out of his hidey hole with a white film cover 50% of his back. Not sure what is going on with him. Haven’t seen any fry out of these 2 for a bit but there are rafaels, loaches, and an angel pair.
B6CEB8AE-D3C5-4FBD-BD65-A2D20D5E33AC.jpeg

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Here’s one of the grow outs I kept. It is housed in the 29g planted. I have 2 more smaller ones in the 55g. Quasi moot the disfigured one was added to the 100g multi tank but I have not seen it in some time. It’s malformation may have caught up to it.
14C87FA6-C27C-40A4-9CD2-B987A5071FD1.jpeg